Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So I live with my mum and student finance want a letter proving she gets single occupancy discount from the council, however the council won't give us a letter saying that until I have a student exemption certifcate to prove I'm attending. I'll be living at home so it's not like i'm moving out, plus this will be my first year

    Any idea on how to solve this? It's been going on for months now
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I assume you're over 18, therefore, you currently pay council tax? Does she not have any other evidence (divorce papers) proving her status?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2016
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.