The Student Room Group

This title has nothing to do with my OP

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by the bear
i think this is one of those "jokey" threads

maybe :smile:
Original post by Fractite
You technically couldn't end an argument if you were ignorant, so you wouldn't be able to win or lose it.

If that makes sense.

But the original question was that you couldn't win an argument if i was ignorant and was aware of that and the point still stands that you can't win
Original post by mariam687
im bored sum1 tlk 2 me. -sigh

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
Basically, you can be a **** and think you've got away with it because you acknowledge you're a ****.

You may win a few moral victories but you gonna lose out in life bud.
If you were ignorant, you wouldn't know better than to keep an argument going as you ignore everything and think that you're correct...
...simply thinking about this is making my mind implode.

heh?
Reply 23
Original post by Alexion
Basically, you can be a **** and think you've got away with it because you acknowledge you're a ****.

You may win a few moral victories but you gonna lose out in life bud.

yup i agree with that, life is what you lose if you take this stance on life......
If you were ignorant, you wouldn't know better than to keep an argument going as you ignore everything and think that you're correct...
...simply thinking about this is making my mind implode.

No you use it to your advantage and ignore what you'll lose the argument on
Original post by Big white
yup i agree with that, life is what you lose if you take this stance on life......

:yep:
Original post by Big white
You acknowledge what people say but just ignore it but you're aware of that

^^^ you're also someone i forgot to tag in that"tag who you've wanted to talk to but not been able to" thread by @FireFreezer77 or something

I agree

If you acknowledge what people say, you're not longer ignorant of that knowledge, even if you ignore (i.e. do not act on) the knowledge. At that point you're basically pretending to be ignorant.

Personally I don't see that as a valid way to win an argument or prevent your opponent from winning - the other person has won, but you just won't admit it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
If you acknowledge what people say, you're not longer ignorant of that knowledge, even if you ignore (i.e. do not act on) the knowledge. At that point you're basically pretending to be ignorant.

Personally I don't see that as a valid way to win an argument or prevent your opponent from winning - the other person has won, but you just won't admit it.

I see well i need to work on this a little.... and think a bit more.

Quick Reply

Latest