The Student Room Group

D1 Gantt Charts - Is this still correct

I was doing question 7(e) on the jan 2013 paper for D1 Edexcel and I just wanted to know if my solution (attached) is correct as its different to the mark scheme. I did my Gantt chart in order of earliest start times but I don't know if you organise it in terms of float, most critical activities or if there is no order at all and you simply just have to add the activities with their respective floats in any order.

Please help
Sorry for the crap drawing, the floats are shown by a black fill section.
Original post by kennz
I was doing question 7(e) on the jan 2013 paper for D1 Edexcel and I just wanted to know if my solution (attached) is correct as its different to the mark scheme. I did my Gantt chart in order of earliest start times but I don't know if you organise it in terms of float, most critical activities or if there is no order at all and you simply just have to add the activities with their respective floats in any order.

Please help
Sorry for the crap drawing, the floats are shown by a black fill section.

your version matches with Arsey's version, apart from you have not done alphabetical order with J,K,M

https://d0247e65b1a6ead8e6286cd43803e643462f2b31.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYNlBRQkZFLXdQS0E/January%202013%20MA%20-%20D1%20Edexcel.pdf
Reply 2
Original post by the bear
your version matches with Arsey's version, apart from you have not done alphabetical order with J,K,M

https://d0247e65b1a6ead8e6286cd43803e643462f2b31.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYNlBRQkZFLXdQS0E/January%202013%20MA%20-%20D1%20Edexcel.pdf

So you have to do it in alphabetical order?
Original post by kennz
So you have to do it in alphabetical order?

no, i am just saying that Arsey did... he is such a conformist :teehee:
Reply 4
Original post by the bear
no, i am just saying that Arsey did... he is such a conformist :teehee:

:biggrin:ah ok, so as long as you get the floats and duration right for each activity, you can do it in any order you want and still get the marks.
Reply 5
awesome, thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest