Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Why is UEA ranked so highly? are the lecturers particularly good? are the facilities particularly special? What makes it so good?

ReputationRep:
    Some of the tables that UEA is very high on are ones where students have answered survey type things. I'm not a student there yet but from going up for open days & mature student open evenings, staff are very approachable and knowledgeable. Also the campus has a lot of facilities close together eg lecture theatres are opposite the library (the main ones) and 1/2 minutes walk from SU bar and places to eat. The library is open 24/7 and has plenty of computers but you can take your own in as well, there's desks with power sockets for students to use for laptops/mobile phone/tablet. There is also a lot of open space at UEA which is good. Sports facilites are exceptional as well with the Sportspark being on campus. There's good public transport between the campus and the city, you can get to a lot of places easily from Norwich. The range of clubs & societies is also very big, www.ueastudent.com if you want to look for something you're interested in, they even have a Quidditch society (I'll be joining that one). In terms of social life, Norwich does have something for everyone with everything from coffee shops to nightclubs available. Anyone who wants rural/semi rural but close to nightclubs and transport links would do well to look at UEA. I haven't seen the rooms in halls of residence as I'll be commuting but there are videos on youtube both official ones done by UEA and a few done by students of their rooms.

Hope this helps, also hoping current students might be able to add to this..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate1976)
    Some of the tables that UEA is very high on are ones where students have answered survey type things. I'm not a student there yet but from going up for open days & mature student open evenings, staff are very approachable and knowledgeable. Also the campus has a lot of facilities close together eg lecture theatres are opposite the library (the main ones) and 1/2 minutes walk from SU bar and places to eat. The library is open 24/7 and has plenty of computers but you can take your own in as well, there's desks with power sockets for students to use for laptops/mobile phone/tablet. There is also a lot of open space at UEA which is good. Sports facilites are exceptional as well with the Sportspark being on campus. There's good public transport between the campus and the city, you can get to a lot of places easily from Norwich. The range of clubs & societies is also very big, www.ueastudent.com if you want to look for something you're interested in, they even have a Quidditch society (I'll be joining that one). In terms of social life, Norwich does have something for everyone with everything from coffee shops to nightclubs available. Anyone who wants rural/semi rural but close to nightclubs and transport links would do well to look at UEA. I haven't seen the rooms in halls of residence as I'll be commuting but there are videos on youtube both official ones done by UEA and a few done by students of their rooms.

Hope this helps, also hoping current students might be able to add to this..
    Thanks for replying. All of the things that you listed seem to be true for most universities. The league table that I'm referring to is the complete university guide and as far as I know the score isn't affected greatly by student satisfaction.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember who does that guide but I think that's the one that measures quality of teaching (not sure how though) and also the % of graduates in employment or post grad study 6 months after graduating. It's worth pointing out that UEA is higher in a lot of the tables than quite a few 'Russell Group' unis.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.