Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I have a question regarding the Heritage Day on Sunday 19th June 2016 at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst. If I would like to attend, do I need to have registered beforehand, or can I just turn up? I have tried searching this but can't seem to find a straightforward answer.

Also, I have a question on scholarships to Sandhurst. I would like to apply for one later this year (at the beginning of Year 12) and I am wondering if my A Level choices are appropriate. I would like to study History, Government and Politics, French and Latin and then probably History as an undergraduate degree. Are these subjects too 'Art-sy' for an officer in the army; do I need to be more interested in the sciences to train at Sandhurst?

Thank you in advance for any responses; I would be most grateful for any contributions.

Banana

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Also, does anyone know what the course of events is after applying for a scholarship? i.e. When are your fitness tests and interviews?

Any information would be extremely helpful.

Banana

ReputationRep:
    You can just turn up to RMAS on Heritage Day.But it is the only day of the year where that is the case. In terms of A-level subjects,they are fine and many enter with a History degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bitgood)
    You can just turn up to RMAS on Heritage Day.But it is the only day of the year where that is the case. In terms of A-level subjects,they are fine and many enter with a History degree.
    Many thanks for your response!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 18, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.