Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I must say Im a bit confused. I took the exam in English B SL last year, and my school gave me a 6 (This was my predicted grade, after they got to know my exam results). Now the IB results site sais I got a 7. I wonder what this is all about. Do they curve my grade according to those who took their exams just now? Seems a little bit unfair if that is the case considering we didnt take the same exam. What happened exactly? Is it just my school that messed it up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    I must say Im a bit confused. I took the exam in English B SL last year, and my school gave me a 6 (This was my predicted grade, after they got to know my exam results). Now the IB results site sais I got a 7. I wonder what this is all about. Do they curve my grade according to those who took their exams just now? Seems a little bit unfair if that is the case considering we didnt take the same exam. What happened exactly? Is it just my school that messed it up?
    Knowing Berg, yeah probably. Waters will be in office until 16.00 today. Call him=)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Knowing Berg, yeah probably. Waters will be in office until 16.00 today. Call him=)
    Can you sms me his phone number?

ReputationRep:
    That is unbelievably random

ReputationRep:
    Can you sms me his phone number?
    Consider it done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    That is unbelievably random
    speaking about random, what about this erver. First I get a lot of server bussy messages. Then I simply kill and recreate my ISp conection and now I surf here without problems. I think the system somehow discriminates some IP's in favour of others.

ReputationRep:
    speaking about random, what about this erver. First I get a lot of server bussy messages. Then I simply kill and recreate my ISp conection and now I surf here without problems. I think the system somehow discriminates some IP's in favour of others.
    Tell me what Michael says will you? Oh and ask what the average was. Or how many got 39 or better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Tell me what Michael says will you? Oh and ask what the average was. Or how many got 39 or better
    I didnt ask him about the average, but now he sais Ive had a 7 all along (I would like to have a word or two with Karianne.... Grumpf)

ReputationRep:
    I didnt ask him about the average, but now he sais Ive had a 7 all along (I would like to have a word or two with Karianne.... Grumpf)
    Sue her! I mean we've been teasing you about getting a 6 in English B SL for a year now, you can claim she has caused you trauma. Our school sucks big time, don't it. No wonder 7 out of 39 failed (not counting the 11 who dropped out).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    Sue her! I mean we've been teasing you about getting a 6 in English B SL for a year now, you can claim she has caused you trauma. Our school sucks big time, don't it. No wonder 7 out of 39 failed (not counting the 11 who dropped out).
    Damn... Not one of the 100 or so diploma candiates in my school get less than 24. A couple did fail on technicalities though.

ReputationRep:
    Damn... Not one of the 100 or so diploma candiates in my school get less than 24. A couple did fail on technicalities though.
    2 peopel from our class failed due to CAS.

ReputationRep:
    There was one guy I forgot to mention who failed before he even wrote a word by being disqualified from his first exam (English) for not doing the coursework.

ReputationRep:
    There was one guy I forgot to mention who failed before he even wrote a word by being disqualified from his first exam (English) for not doing the coursework.
    Our IB Coordinator said he was pleasently surprised that there had not been a single person who were late for teh exams. Apparently we are the worst class he have ever had when it comes to being on time for lectures though....

ReputationRep:
    Our IB Coordinator said he was pleasently surprised that there had not been a single person who were late for teh exams. Apparently we are the worst class he have ever had when it comes to being on time for lectures though....
    He wasn't there when Magnus was late for Norwegian then...

ReputationRep:
    Now that is just sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    Now that is just sad
    Same thing happened with us. It happens EVERY year.

ReputationRep:
    Same thing happened with us. It happens EVERY year.
    My god.....ppl failing b/c of CAS...never heard it happen in our school...did they not get enough hours?!

ReputationRep:
    didn't think that could happen. haven't found out what i got on my CAS yet, i guess i have to phone the coordinater. is it valuable for your uni application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    haven't found out what i got on my CAS yet, i guess i have to phone the coordinater. is it valuable for your uni application?
    What do you mean "What i got on my CAS"?..the hours?

Yeh for uni application its good if you have said "I do some voluntary work helping disadvantaged children..blabla".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by portugal)
    What do you mean "What i got on my CAS"?..the hours?
    grade, or not grade but some kind of comment i think there was some paper in it that said recommended not recommended or something like that. is that just my school? it seems stupid now i mean either you pass or you don't.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.