Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

whats the cheapest soft drink available at a bar that isnt a lime and soda? Watch

• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    ^^
    It's my mates hen party on wednesday and as it's going cost me a bomb in train tickets to get there and to the wedding, i need to spend as little as possible so anyone know what the cheapest drink for a teetotaler generally is? (i m allergic to lime and soda so need to avoid that really)

ReputationRep:
    coke/lemonade/orange juice
    or water

ReputationRep:
    Tap water :idea:

But buy what you'll enjoy, it won't be too expensive, and if you pace yourself you won't need much through the night
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's more of a pub than a club thing but try a blackcurrent lemonade sometime
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Blackcurrant and lemonade - if you can still drink lemonade (most people I know how are allergic to lime are allergic to lemons too). That's what I always get when I can't drink alcohol or can't be bothered to drink and it only costs about £1.20 to £1.50 depending on the pub and sometimes I even get it in a pint glass for that price :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Blackcurrant and lemonade - if you can still drink lemonade (most people I know how are allergic to lime are allergic to lemons too). That's what I always get when I can't drink alcohol or can't be bothered to drink and it only costs about £1.20 to £1.50 depending on the pub and sometimes I even get it in a pint glass for that price :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lemonade is a safe one for me, it's not citrus I m allergic to specifically it's an additive they like to stick in cordials and Mountain Dew £1.50s alright, anymore than that and I ll bite the bullet and ask for tap water I think.

(Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    coke/lemonade/orange juice
    or water
    An orange juice always used to be so expensive in pubs, looks like it's going to be a coke/lemonade night.

(Original post by Vicky628)
    Tap water :idea:

But buy what you'll enjoy, it won't be too expensive, and if you pace yourself you won't need much through the night
    Spoiler:
    Show
    It's more of a pub than a club thing but try a blackcurrent lemonade sometime
    Hopefully it won't be too expensive, I ve not been out at all this year but last time not having a drink in my hand seems to really draw attention to the fact I m not drinking so want to have something to hand really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    I m allergic to .... Mountain Dew
    OMG you poor person! :console:

MOUNTAIN DEW is life. :drool:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    OMG you poor person! :console:

MOUNTAIN DEW is life. :drool:
    I ve only had it the once so can't really remember what I m missing so I guess it's not so bad.

ReputationRep:
    Black currant or orange with soda also the same price. Most bars don't change for soda water, just the cordial dash.

Lemonade or Coke can be expensive - post mix is one of the highest profit making drinks as it costs around £0.12 for a pint and can sell for £2.50-£3.50 depending on location and class of the establishment.

ReputationRep:
    Tap water

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.