Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    does having junk food give u spots??

ReputationRep:
    What?

ReputationRep:
    No, that's a myth.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it does. For spots you could use the Origins charcoal face mask.

ReputationRep:
    It fully depends on your organism though. But I'm pretty sure that junk food won't make your skin better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonnaN)
    It fully depends on your organism though. But I'm pretty sure that junk food won't make your skin better.
    i know it wont make it better but I don't know what to do with my face cause I have spots and my dad says its cause of junk food and am like WHAT and he's like STOP EATING IT.but I love it so much,its my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newsout)
    What?

why are u saying what did u read what I wrote

ReputationRep:
    What's your definition of "junk food"? If you know it's bad, are you making sure you're burning off the calories instead of just sitting on a couch (or chair)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    What's your definition of "junk food"? If you know it's bad, are you making sure you're burning off the calories instead of just sitting on a couch (or chair)?

my definition of junk food is chocolate, crisps and juice. And I know its bad but am not talking about my health its about my face and no I don't burn the calories

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliyah2016x)
    i know it wont make it better but I don't know what to do with my face cause I have spots and my dad says its cause of junk food and am like WHAT and he's like STOP EATING IT.but I love it so much,its my life
    The spots are probably because you're a teen and hormones are raging. A lot of teens go through that period of spots appearing on their face. Just be patient, they come and go.

The food you eat has no effect on it.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try to avoid junk food for some time and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    my definition of junk food is chocolate, crisps and juice. And I know its bad but am not talking about my health its about my face and no I don't burn the calories
    Wiki is saying acne is most likely a genetic or hormonal problem. Maybe your high sugar and high salt diet doesn't cause acne but it might cause other health problems if you aren't doing enough exercise to burn off the calories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Wiki is saying acne is most likely a genetic or hormonal problem. Maybe your high sugar and high salt diet doesn't cause acne but it might cause other health problems if you aren't doing enough exercise to burn off the calories.

yeah I suppose. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    The spots are probably because you're a teen and hormones are raging. A lot of teens go through that period of spots appearing on their face. Just be patient, they come and go.

The food you eat has no effect on it.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Depends. I break out from junk food and food cooked on dirty oil, but I'm vegan so its not that often that I eat junk food.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.