Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just bought a car and the person told me they black box they had used is still in the car at first I didn't think anything of it. But now I have just bought my insurance (includes a black box) and I'm wondering if this going to be a problem.

Realistically I'd like to be able to take it out of the car before the engineer gets here next week. If anyone has done this or knows what will happen please let me know

ReputationRep:
    Rip out the old one?

Or when your one is getting fitted ask nicely to get it removed

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdi112)
    Rip out the old one?

Or when your one is getting fitted ask nicely to get it removed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No idea how to, don't even know where they go

I was thinking what but usually they charge to take them out and if I don't want to pay the engineer to take it out and he can't fit the new one there a £45 fee 💔

ReputationRep:
    It's normally behind you car dashboard

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdi112)
    It's normally behind you car dashboard

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Something I'll need to get a mechanic to do?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.