Irish Prime Minister plans to school Trump

Watch
FriendlyPenguin
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
ODES_PDES
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
As if Trump cares about what the Irish think:laugh:
sleepysnooze
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
nobody cares about enda kenny
stupid spud-faced leprechaun
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Just another blowhard, not worth Trump's time.
HanSoloLuck
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by sleepysnooze)
nobody cares about enda kenny
stupid spud-faced leprechaun
Hey, if you can call the Irish spud-faced leprechauns can I call Africans melon eating monkeys ?
sleepysnooze
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HanSoloLuck)
Hey, if you can call the Irish spud-faced leprechauns can I call Africans melon eating monkeys ?
it's not a comparable situation though because
1) it was a joke anyway
2) "spud-face" is related to his nationality, not his race.
HanSoloLuck
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
it's not a comparable situation though because
1) it was a joke anyway
2) "spud-face" is related to his nationality, not his race.
I was joking as well.

The Irish are synonymous with 'spuds' and the Irish are technically a race.

"Men with Gaelic surnames coming from the west of Ireland are descendants of the oldest inhabitants of Europe. In a recent study, scientists at Trinity College, Dublin, created a new genetic map of the people of Ireland. By comparing this map to European genetic maps they have shown that the Irish are one of the last remnants of the pre-Neolithic hunters and gatherers who were living throughout Europe over 10,000 years ago, before the invention of agriculture."
sleepysnooze
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I was joking as well.

The Irish are synonymous with 'spuds' and the Irish are technically a race.
they're white. they're a different ethnicity of "white" but they're not a different "race". and "spuds" relate to their country's agricultural traditions, not their race
HanSoloLuck
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
they're white. they're a different ethnicity of "white" but they're not a different "race". and "spuds" relate to their country's agricultural traditions, not their race
So it's OK to make derogatory statements about sub-ethnic groups, so long as they are white ?

Go it !
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
He's a complete idiot white-knighting for blacks and muslims.
sleepysnooze
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
So it's OK to make derogatory statements about sub-ethnic groups, so long as they are white ?

Go it !
no you've missed the point - I wasn't making fun of irish people as an ethnicity, I was making fun of this prime minister based on his country's stereotypes and traditions. it's based on geography, not biology
HanSoloLuck
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
no you've missed the point - I wasn't making fun of irish people as an ethnicity, I was making fun of this prime minister based on his country's stereotypes and traditions. it's based on geography, not biology
So, by contrast, it would then be OK to call black people 'spear chuckers' because it isn't related to their biological makeup ? This seems really complex.

Have i got it right this time ?
sleepysnooze
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
So, by contrast, it would then be OK to call black people 'spear chuckers' because it isn't related to their biological makeup ? This seems really complex.

Have i got it right this time ?
it would depend on which country you were talking about I suppose 0 but are spears specific to that nation? because that's probably a weapon that a lot of nations' armies have ultimately used. but remember - you'#re using the word "black people", not something like "ethiopian" or "nigerian" so no you haven't got it very right
KimKallstrom
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Imagine being lectured on racism by Enda Kenny. From his Wiki:

"N****r" remarks, 2002[edit]
In September 2002, Kenny was accused of making racist remarks after he used the word "n****r" in a joke relating to Patrice Lumumba, the assassinated first Prime Minister of Congo. Kenny wanted his "obscure joke" to be suppressed and specifically asked journalists not to report it, though Enda's "chortling repetition of the inflammatory word" was carried by the Sunday Independent newspaper.[25] He was subsequently condemned by race campaigners in Britain and abroad.[26][27] Matters were made worse when it emerged that several of Lumumba's relatives, including a son and several grandchildren, lived in Tallaght.[28]
Thutmose-III
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mathemagicien)
Enda Kenny, Irish Prime Minister: I'll meet Donald Trump and tell him why his views are racist and dangerous
The Irish Prime Minister massively overrates his importance. Ireland is smaller (population-wise and economically) than London, than many American states, than many Australian states. The Irish state is a glorified local government
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
7.09%
October 2021 (189)
46.21%
November 2021 (42)
10.27%
December 2021 (53)
12.96%
January 2021 (45)
11%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (38)
9.29%