Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been accepted into a NHS course where the NHS bursary covers my university fees and I'm still able to obtain a maintenance loan for travel fares etc. This is my firm choice and I've already sorted out the student finance for this course and it is my firm choice on UCAS. However I'm not too sure I'll be able to meet the conditional offer. My insurance choice is a foundation year. So would I have to make another application for the foundation year funding or what?

Also if I do need to send off another student finance application for the foundation course, and come August results day I meet the requirements for the NHS course; what happens to the foundation course application for student finance?

Sorry if i failed at explaining anything properly, any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by sabzzsr)
    I've been accepted into a NHS course where the NHS bursary covers my university fees and I'm still able to obtain a maintenance loan for travel fares etc. This is my firm choice and I've already sorted out the student finance for this course and it is my firm choice on UCAS. However I'm not too sure I'll be able to meet the conditional offer. My insurance choice is a foundation year. So would I have to make another application for the foundation year funding or what?

Also if I do need to send off another student finance application for the foundation course, and come August results day I meet the requirements for the NHS course; what happens to the foundation course application for student finance?

Sorry if i failed at explaining anything properly, any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    If you get into your insurance then you change your course details with sfe and get your application reassessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    If you get into your insurance then you change your course details with sfe and get your application reassessed.
    So as of right now, leave the sfe course details with my firm choice, come results day if I fail to meet the conditions change the course details?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    So as of right now, leave the sfe course details with my firm choice, come results day if I fail to meet the conditions change the course details?
    Exactly

ReputationRep:

You do not submit another application (in fact SFE won't allow you to do so, you can have one application per academic year).

In August, if you find out you will be studying the foundation year, all you have to do is change your course details on your online account, it's a simple as that! If for any reason it doesn't allow you to change your application online, it will allow you to download a change of circumstance form known as the CO1 form, which you will need to fill out and send to SFE.

Once SFE receiving the changes via your online account or CO1 form, they will reassess you.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.