Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I want to study medicine but I am worried I have only got a C in biology in GCSE. Can I still apply for it with that grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatmaz00)
    I want to study medicine but I am worried I have only got a C in biology in GCSE. Can I still apply for it with that grade?
    There are other things that get seen when UNI places are offered. relevant exams are important and the interviews. So do not let it put you off. AGree, with a C, it will be very competetive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatmaz00)
    still try and you never know you may have gotten higher than you thought and as the previous response said alot of things make the medicine application so definitely focus and getting good AS and Alevel grades etc. make sure everything else is in check

ReputationRep:
    I would check with the websites of specific medical schools that you want to apply to as some will not take it as they require at least an A or B in the sciences at GCSE. If you work really really hard in year 12 and your teacher can justify giving you a really high A2 level predicted grade for biology, universities will be happier.
    Don't not try for medicine because of this one grade, you can always re-sit the GCSE next year.
    If you had extenuating circumstances or your school was bad as a whole I would definitely put that down when you apply, as they will consider your C in bio in context. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Depends first on whether or not your sixth form/college allows you to study Biology at A Level.
    I know that not all courses require Bio but you'd be at a disadvantage due to how restricted you would be when applying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.