Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so most people probably know that bethesda announced at e3 that they're bringing out a remastered version of skyrim for pc, ps4 and xbox one. It'll be released in October this year and will have a huge update on graphics and will bring mod support to consoles. I myself am super excited as skyrim is probably one of my favourite games and as i never play on pc anymore and my ps3 has given up on life, i'm super stoked for it to come to ps4. A lot of people weren't happy though as they would have rather got a remaster of morrowind or oblivion which is a fair point. How does everyone else feel?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm! I'm excited! Well, i think it would have taken longer to make the older games because they used fallout to make the remake of skyrim. I wanted them to make the next elder scrolls game to be honest...in argonia a.k.a black marsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Articultr)
    so most people probably know that bethesda announced at e3 that they're bringing out a remastered version of skyrim for pc, ps4 and xbox one. It'll be released in October this year and will have a huge update on graphics and will bring mod support to consoles. I myself am super excited as skyrim is probably one of my favourite games and as i never play on pc anymore and my ps3 has given up on life, i'm super stoked for it to come to ps4. A lot of people weren't happy though as they would have rather got a remaster of morrowind or oblivion which is a fair point. How does everyone else feel?
    Pretty great. One of the things i was looking forward to. It doesn't make a significant difference to PC Players, but it is huge for next-gen console players. Don't think they could have done better. As for the other elder scrolls games, i am pretty sure they will show up sooner than later. Would have preferred an Elder Scrolls 7, but i guess 6 may have been pretty obsolete, though i do like waiting for it, creates hype and Bethesda always surpasses the hype.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty HYPED
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    And this is what is wrong with the industry

"Should we make a new game?"
    "Nah, let's just remaster something, millions of morons will buy it again despite already having it"

I bet even some people on PC will be moronic enough to buy it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    And this is what is wrong with the industry

"Should we make a new game?"
    "Nah, let's just remaster something, millions of morons will buy it again despite already having it"

I bet even some people on PC will be moronic enough to buy it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    it's not like they aren't making new games. if they made a new elder scrolls that was potentially better than elder scrolls online, then ESO would be obsolete. it's like buying fifa15 even though fifa 16 is out.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Paranoid_Glitch)
    it's not like they aren't making new games. if they made a new elder scrolls that was potentially better than elder scrolls online, then ESO would be obsolete. it's like buying fifa15 even though fifa 16 is out.
    It is still a case of paying idiots who will buy something they already have to make fast and easy money

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Easy money-maker for them, complete waste of time for us really.

Okay, granted console gamers will get a better experience in terms of graphics, but by the sounds of it everything else is the same; the poor writing, the bugs etc. Not to mention PC gamers have had better graphics that far surpass what Bethesda have achieved with the remastered edition, in fact it's pretty embarrassing how little effort the team have seemingly put into it.

A remaster of Oblivion or Morrowind would have been so much better.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well, at least on PC it's going to be a free update for anybody with the Legendary edition or base with all the DLC

#PCmustardrice.

ReputationRep:
    Don't see the point in it, tbh. The graphics don't even compare to some modded Skyrim games, and if they wanted to remaster an Elder Scrolls game, they should've done an older one like Morrowind or Oblivion.

I'm not mad, though, since I suppose it means you can replay Skyrim on next-gen plats; I just think it's kind of pointless.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.