What is a realistic target for a B or a A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkeyrevision)
    Grade boundary predictions?
    Core1
    Core 2
    Mechanics
    C1 was normal difficulty conceptually, but the arithmetic (without a calculator) was slightly harder than usual, so maybe 61-62 for an A, 55-56 for a B.
    C2 was again normal difficulty apart from the last question which scared a few people, so I'd estimate around 60 for an A, 53-54 for a B.
    M1 I can't say since I don't do mechanics.

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary predictions?
    Core1
    Core 2
    Mechanics
    C1 - 61 A 56 B (A won't be lower than 58)
    C2 - 65 A 60 B (A won't be lower than 61)
    M1 - 60 A 55 B (A won't be lower than 58)

(roughly)

M1 was definitely easier than last years, however the boundaries are rarely high. C2 easier again, maybe not that easy though... C1 most of it was okay except the fractions and discriminant question.

I expect though I might be overestimating the grade boundaries. Although it's difficult, because this year is the first year when post 16+ education is compulsory and the extra people coming to sixth form could be lowering the boundaries a little. Especially as maths is one of the most popular ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)

(roughly)

M1 was definitely easier than last years, however the boundaries are rarely high. C2 easier again, maybe not that easy though... C1 most of it was okay except the fractions and discriminant question.

I expect though I might be overestimating the grade boundaries. Although it's difficult, because this year is the first year when post 16+ education is compulsory and the extra people coming to sixth form could be lowering the boundaries a little. Especially as maths is one of the most popular ones.

Last year for a B was 164
    This year apparently to u is 171 nd ur telling me they gonna lower grade boundaries? SERIOUSLY mate what kind of drugs r u on
    Methamphetamine? Heroin? nd seriously that is just ridiculous no offence

ReputationRep:
    Last year for a B was 164
    This year apparently to u is 171 nd ur telling me they gonna lower grade boundaries? SERIOUSLY mate what kind of drugs r u on
    Methamphetamine? Heroin? nd seriously that is just ridiculous no offence
    M1 and C2 were MUCH better this year than last year. And these predictions aren't exactly the highest they've ever been.

C1 was the only dodgy paper, but it was't horrific. The rest had one or two dodgy bits but no more than other papers and most can gain marks for all bits.

ReputationRep:
    M1 and C2 were MUCH better this year than last year. And these predictions aren't exactly the highest they've ever been.

C1 was the only dodgy paper, but it was't horrific. The rest had one or two dodgy bits but no more than other papers and most can gain marks for all bits.
    The "most" ur on bout is a very small minority a minority thats probably 10-20% so i reckon it will be lower than last years for all grades trust me

ReputationRep:
    I think for an A in C1- 61 and C2-64

ReputationRep:

(roughly)

From what you're saying, a person that gets 59/75 (78.67%) would get a C in C2? Highly unlikely mate.

ReputationRep:
    The "most" ur on bout is a very small minority a minority thats probably 10-20% so i reckon it will be lower than last years for all grades trust me
    The only question out of all three papers where a significant proportion may gain no marks whatsoever was the impulse question in M1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obeyyy)
    From what you're saying, a person that gets 59/75 (78.67%) would get a C in C2? Highly unlikely mate.
    I did say my prediction may be a little high for C2, but it will definetly be in the 60s. 63 is probably the best bet IMO if it's not 65. It was undoubtedly easier than last year's paper, and most in my school (a bog standard one at that) said it was pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    I did say my prediction may be a little high for C2, but it will definetly be in the 60s. 63 is probably the best bet IMO if it's not 65. It was undoubtedly easier than last year's paper, and most in my school (a bog standard one at that) said it was pretty good.
    Ur school is most definitely not the only school in the country doing the c2 edexcel maths paper nd that i will vouch for
    Plus there are people doing the papers that may have done terrible nd dont have the courage to come on TSR so cmon you get my point

ReputationRep:
    Ur school is most definitely not the only school in the country doing the c2 edexcel maths paper nd that i will vouch for
    Plus there are people doing the papers that may have done terrible nd dont have the courage to come on TSR so cmon you get my point
    I guess we'll see when they come on the 17th :-)

ReputationRep:
    C1 - 61
    C2 - 62
    I dont do M1 sorry :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.