The Student Room Group

HELP

I Have got loads of maths questions like fund : 1/2 + 1/3 How do i do these? its for a test due tommorow so i need to do it quick Thanks.
Original post by unclekiki123456
I Have got loads of maths questions like fund : 1/2 + 1/3 How do i do these? its for a test due tommorow so i need to do it quick Thanks.

Make the denominators the same so 2 and 3 both go into 6

1/2 turns into 3/6 and 1/3 turns into 2/6

3/6 + 2/6 = 5/6
Original post by 34908seikj
Make the denominators the same so 2 and 3 both go into 6

1/2 turns into 3/6 and 1/3 turns into 2/6

3/6 + 2/6 = 5/6

Thanks , How do i do a top heavy fraction and how do i do , question: Find each of the following leaving your answer as a mixed number a. 3/2 + 4/3 b. 5 2/3 + 6 2/5
Thanks , How do i do a top heavy fraction and how do i do , question: Find each of the following leaving your answer as a mixed number a. 3/2 + 4/3 b. 5 2/3 + 6 2/5

So It's the same process 2 and 3 go into 6 so 3/2 turns into 9/6 and 4/3 turns into 8/6 add them together to get 17/6

Now 6 goes into 17 twice, with a remainder of 5 So you can write the fraction as a mix number like so:
2 5/6
Reply 4
You shouldn't be using TSR to do your homework for you, if it is homework.
Original post by Synmatic

Clearly he needs help, What's wrong with getting help?
Original post by Synmatic

Im asking for help not answers , i dont understand these and its not my fault so just stay out of it please.
Im asking for help not answers , i dont understand these and its not my fault so just stay out of it please.

If you're still struggling with fractions check out Kahnacadmy, they have some pretty good videos on them!

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/arithmetic/fractions

Quick Reply

Latest