EstelOfTheEyrie
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi all, I have some questions/need for help:

basically my literature teacher told us what books we were studying for our coursework (Great Gatsby and Wuthering Heights) but she also told us that we had the opportunity to pick our own novels/poems/plays if we wanted too.

Now, I'm not really a fan of either novel, and was planning to write about something relating to WW1/fantasy/dystopia - does anyone have an suggestions as to which novels/poems/plays I could use?
The Empire Odyssey
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie)
Hi all, I have some questions/need for help:

basically my literature teacher told us what books we were studying for our coursework (Great Gatsby and Wuthering Heights) but she also told us that we had the opportunity to pick our own novels/poems/plays if we wanted too.

Now, I'm not really a fan of either novel, and was planning to write about something relating to WW1/fantasy/dystopia - does anyone have an suggestions as to which novels/poems/plays I could use?
I did WW1 for AS so I had to read MANY things for that. I can help you with that. Since this will be a period analysis, you could focus on contextual factors of WW1. Some major themes presented in WW1 Lit are: women and the home-front, man's inhumanity to man, futility/reality of war, Physical/mental/spiritual consequences, politics and patriotism.

Fantasy and Dystopia will be more of a genre based analysis. I have no idea about Fantasy sorry. But Dystopia is usually written about social antirealism. Texts of a dystopian nature is usually to critique society of the time. Which includes political, social and cultural tensions. So you can look at whatever you want to.

I could give you loads and loads and loads of combinations but that won't be any good. You should try and pick what focus you'd be interested in and then come back to this thread and I can recommend to text pairings based on your decision.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (79)
13.57%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (11)
1.89%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (147)
25.26%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (47)
8.08%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (280)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.09%

Watched Threads