Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok, so I love singing and I've always naturally done it but over the years many have expressed their opinions on it hence why I'm here. I remember when I started singing on Snapchat and a lot of people at school had a problem with it but they usually always do bc jelly little beings (I guess this kind of has to do with relationships :laugh:) I just want a honest opinion hence the anonymity. Constructive criticism is welcome!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    http://picosong.com/Zx4T

I combined all the clips to make it easier for you guys to listen

You have a really unique voice. I really like it.
    You sound a lot like a singer I know but I can't quite place my finger on it.
    With a bit of practice and bit of work on your breath control you'd be fantastic because your voice has a lot of potential!

Also try to work on expanding your range. Do you play any instrument?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok, so I love singing and I've always naturally done it but over the years many have expressed their opinions on it hence why I'm here. I remember when I started singing on Snapchat and a lot of people at school had a problem with it but they usually always do bc jelly little beings (I guess this kind of has to do with relationships :laugh:) I just want a honest opinion hence the anonymity. Constructive criticism is welcome!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    http://picosong.com/Zx4T

I combined all the clips to make it easier for you guys to listen
    You randomly pick-up speed and lose speed and your voice breaks and isn't consistent but overall your voice and your singing is great!

(Original post by StrawbAri)
    With a bit of practice and bit of work on your breath control you'd be fantastic because your voice has a lot of potential!
    Thank you! Regina Spektor?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eriasu)
    You randomly pick-up speed and lose speed and your voice breaks and isn't consistent but overall your voice and your singing is great!
    I agree

I usually work well with mainly lower pitched songs so maybe that's why

ReputationRep:
    I usually work well with mainly lower pitched songs so maybe that's why
    Then try Troye Sivans blue neighborhood

My top 3:

Talk me down

Ease

Fools

Spoiler:
    Show
    And Gasoline from a different album!

Thank you! Regina Spektor?
    :lol: she's not who I had in mind but I can see where you're coming from.

Plus I edited my original post

Then try Troye Sivans blue neighborhood

My top 3:

Talk me down

Ease

Fools

Spoiler:
    Show
    And Gasoline from a different album!
    Thank you for the recommendations! I've sang other songs with collabs http://www.smule.com/notcamille

(Original post by StrawbAri)

Also try to work on expanding your range. Do you play any instrument?
    I don't haha

ReputationRep:
    I think your voice is good but honestly speaking, it doesn't suit the song your singing. I feel like an Adele or perhaps even a Taylor Swift song may be more suitable for your voice.

(Original post by MeerabBieber)
    I think your voice is good but honestly speaking, it doesn't suit the song your singing. I feel like an Adele or perhaps even a Taylor Swift song may be more suitable for your voice.
    Alright thank you, I'll try more Adele bc people usually tell me I sing her songs well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.