Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Something I learned about today. I was on a 1 year contract for vm with 50mb broadband which I was paying £35 a month plus line rental. My contract finished in May and decided to cancel it last week with a firm reason as them being way too pricey for me. I asked to disconnect my service at the end of the month and they confirmed everything.

Today someone from customer relations called and told them my reason of me leaving and she asked well what would make you stay with us. I said your fastest package for less than £25 a month and surprising said I can get vvid 200 for £24+ line rental!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Double check that there's no catch, such as a long contract period and that the price isn't just for the first 6 months. But yeah, often you can get good deals with certain sales teams, especially the ones that try to hook you back in. For example, the first time I threatened to leave Vodafone they gave me their top package for £18/mo, second time the guy made no effort to keep me (whilst asking for PAC code) so I just left. Another time when I was looking for car insurance. Some guy from elephant called me, told them I could find cheaper elsewhere and by the end of it he managed to knock off about £800.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdi112)
    Something I learned about today. I was on a 1 year contract for vm with 50mb broadband which I was paying £35 a month plus line rental. My contract finished in May and decided to cancel it last week with a firm reason as them being way too pricey for me. I asked to disconnect my service at the end of the month and they confirmed everything.

Today someone from customer relations called and told them my reason of me leaving and she asked well what would make you stay with us. I said your fastest package for less than £25 a month and surprising said I can get vvid 200 for £24+ line rental!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Virgin are **** cos ive been with them for 2 years. They are too expensive but the worst thing about them is that they blocked me watching Putlocker last month which is my favourite film website and when i sent a complaint by email that i would leave they rang to explain they were ordered to by the high court and they sent an email of a long list of 30 other websites they were ordered to bloçk

so a friend of mine text me to watch www.123movies.com which is just as good as Putlocker but im worried Virgin will block that too eventually. But when i rang another broadband company called BT and asked them if they block putlocker they said no but they were expensive too at £40.
    Virgin gave me a 6 month deal for £31 99 a month when i threatened to leave before but that was before they blocked putlocker but my 6 months are nearly finished now so i can look for a cheaper company

If you sign up with Sky they give you a free 32 inch tv or they used to give new customers a free tablet if they sign up so i was thinking of going with them just for the tv then after the cotract ends if im not happy with them move to a new company but the tv will still belong to me. so after your contract ends ring all these companies to ask what their cheapest deals are:

Sky
    EE
    BT
    Plus Net
    Talk Talk
    and the Post office do their own broadband now

Just look them all up on the internet for their phone numbers to give them a ring
    Someone warned me before not to go with Virgin but i didnt listen
    If you go with sky you must ask for the package deal with the free tv, if they say their not doing he special offer anymore then just wait until they do it again
    I dont need a new tv but theres no harm in getting an extra one especially if its free

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.