Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got 1 week till my exams. Are they that important? Are they worth revising for/stressing over.

I got tests for maths English and science.

ReputationRep:
    They do help determine whether you end up doing Higher or Foundation at GCSE. So although they're not too important, I'd still revise for them

ReputationRep:
    They aren't that important, but you should still revise for them. They'll be partly what your predicted GCSE grades are based on, and getting into decent study habits now will make things a heck of a lot easier in a few years...
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by NoobToob)
    I've got 1 week till my exams. Are they that important? Are they worth revising for/stressing over.

I got tests for maths English and science.
    They're important in that they are often used to put pupils into sets for GCSE according to ability, so those in lower sets will sit foundation papers where the grade is capped at a certain point, and those in higher sets will sit the higher GCSE where they can achieve the top mark. Not all schools plan like this however so you might want to check how your yr 9 results will be used.

You should view these tests as a practice for your GCSE's, it's definitely worth trying to revise for them as you can try a few different methods and work out what works for you.

ReputationRep:
    simple answer no. I didn't revise for them I still did great...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.