Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guy Iv even talking to for months has exams and is his final week. Said he won't be able to talk to me for a week because if them but feel like he's ignoring me or something? Am I just being too needy and paranoid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Am I just being too needy and paranoid?
    Yes. Let it go or you'll drive him away.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's needy or paranoid to expect to be able to talk to someone, even briefly, for a whole week. All the same I'd say leave him to himself.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed with the above, but i dont think its wrong to expect to check in with the odd text if you are close

ReputationRep:
    Guy Iv even talking to for months has exams and is his final week. Said he won't be able to talk to me for a week because if them but feel like he's ignoring me or something?
    That's the most normal thing I've ever heard. Only a week?

(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    I don't think it's needy or paranoid to expect to be able to talk to someone, even briefly, for a whole week. All the same I'd say leave him to himself.
    Yeah I know like he has snapchatted me for like 2 mins late at night so its not like we haven't talked at all. But do you think it's normal to do that given that it's his last week of exams and they're a levels?

(Original post by xylas)
    That's the most normal thing I've ever heard. Only a week?
    Yeah I know he's very busy but to cease contact seems weird. We did speak everyday before. Might just be overthinking

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know he's very busy but to cease contact seems weird. We did speak everyday before. Might just be overthinking
    Why do you care if it's weird?

(Original post by xylas)
    Why do you care if it's weird?
    Because I like him? Does it seem weird to you?

ReputationRep:
    Guy Iv even talking to for months has exams and is his final week. Said he won't be able to talk to me for a week because if them but feel like he's ignoring me or something? Am I just being too needy and paranoid?
    your overthinking. Give him a week, if he is still not good inform me i'll give you advise

ReputationRep:
    Because I like him? Does it seem weird to you?
    If you like him you like him. If someone tells you it's weird how does that change anything?

(Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    your overthinking. Give him a week, if he is still not good inform me i'll give you advise
    Thanks! Would you say it's a normal
    Thing to do?

(Original post by xylas)
    If you like him you like him. If someone tells you it's weird how does that change anything?
    You're right. I'm just kinda insecure.

ReputationRep:
    You're right. I'm just kinda insecure.
    It's okay to be insecure, just don't do something rash you will regret.

Yes and yes.

Exams are stressful when they matter to people, and having someone demanding attention doesn't help.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.