Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Heya, my end of year exam is coming up and I'm doing higher and I'm getting D's I'm currently in year 10 and I know I can do better if I revise. Is anyone else willing to help me with a few questions ?

In year 11 now.
    Grade achieved end of year : C

ReputationRep:
    I will z_o_e

ReputationRep:
    Is this okay?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Heya, my end of year exam is coming up and I'm doing higher and I'm getting D's I'm currently in year 10 and I know I can do better if I revise. Is anyone else willing to help me with a few questions ?
    Best advice i could give DO PAST PAPERS its the best way to get better a maths. Any topics you dont get use sites like mathswatch.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like that is 1/16p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    What don't you understand? I will explain it to you and give you the answers.

ReputationRep:
    Watch youtube videos on whatever topic it is and make notes on it (basically make sure you understand it) and do heaps of past papers - that's what I did Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    I will z_o_e
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's because 2p to the power of 4 is 16p but when there's a negative power, you do 1 over the value (1/x).
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I have listed quite a lot, you don't have to do all. Hope this helps (these tips were based on Year 9 exam and what I did to get the grades I wanted):
    • Be persistent.
    • Use the Pomodoro Technique (google it if you don't know), it is a really effective way of getting a lot of work done in a short amount of time.
    • Listen to some Focus music on Spotify or something to help you concentrate!
    • Be organised and neat with work so you can easily review it later when you need it.
    • If you're struggling, ask the teacher (or friends) or do some research by yourself on the internet to help you understand. Things like YouTube, BBC Bitesize et cetera...
    • Be creative with notes, don't just write them out, highlight important things to remember and keywords.
    • Don't just copy from a textbook, you won't understand (well I don't). Instead read the textbook then when you're making the notes try to put it into your own words, simplify it so it can be easier to comprehend.
    • I drank lots of caffeine (especially coffee because it is slow-release) during exam season to make me more alert and do stuff... quickly It actually helps most people but I wouldn't recommend drinking any quick-release caffeine or drinking it after noon because it is going to be hard to go to sleep.
    • On that note, get LOTS of sleep.
    • Also on that note, read your notes/textbook/work before you go to bed because it will be easier to remember.
    • Find out your learning style. You could be an audio learner, visual, kinesthetic... I am mostly a visual learner. Click here to do a small test to find out what kind of learner you are
    • BIG tip. Plan ahead, if your going to do 2 hours of studying tomorrow make sure you do that, if you only manage to do 1 hour don't let that discourage you. You can always make up for it the next day, maybe the next day your planning to do 2 hours but since you missed out on 1 hour that day you add it on to make 3 hours. Just have that mindset and it will get you through it (like it did for me ).
    • Don't stress, more you do the more likely you are going to freak out mid-test and possibly fail.

ReputationRep:
    It's because 2p to the power of 4 is 16p but when there's a negative power, you do 1 over the value (1/x).
    Yayoo.
    How would I do this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Can someone help me on this please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I will z_o_e
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    The answer to your first question is 1/16 pto the power of 4. Yet again, Jamie Vardy is all talkl i would advise you to stay away from him as he clearly has no knowledge himself and treats c students and below with disdain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1jonam16)
    The answer to your first question is 1/16 pto the power of 4. Yet again, Jamie Vardy is all talkl i would advise you to stay away from him as he clearly has no knowledge himself and treats c students and below with disdain.
    Sorry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Yayoo.
    How would I do this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    l'll try to teach you. If there's a negative you need to do the reciprocal. So if its (2p) to the power of -4 you need to do 1/(2p to the power of four). Note: the power applies to both the p and the 2 so you have to do 2 to the power of 4 and p to the power of 4. this gives you 1/(16p^4). Try and do the other questions yourself and i'll check.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you know him well, but on these threads he constantly slates people who can't achieve above a C grade in subjects. Hence, I've developed somewhat of a hatred for his online persona, which clearly is desperate for attention. Now the answer is 1/16p^4. NOT 1/16p. Please ignore him.

ReputationRep:
    l'll try to teach you. If there's a negative you need to do the reciprocal. So if its (2p) to the power of -4 you need to do 1/(2p to the power of four). Note: the power applies to both the p and the 2 so you have to do 2 to the power of 4 and p to the power of 4. this gives you 1/(16p^4). Try and do the other questions yourself and i'll check.
    Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if you know him well, but on these threads he constantly slates people who can't achieve above a C grade in subjects. Hence, I've developed somewhat of a hatred for his online persona, which clearly is desperate for attention. Now the answer is 1/16p^4. NOT 1/16p. Please ignore him.
    Can you help me on this please

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Can you help me on this please

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.