The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not to mention configurations to turn them into sniper rifles. I struggle to imagine a scenario where blowing off someone's leg at several hundred meters is considered self defence.
Automatic rifles are not freely available for sale. You're a liberal who is frightened of guns, so any firearm which is big and scary looking is an "assault rifle" in your book, but this is ignorant of actual firearm classifications.
Reply 3
Strictly semi automatic rifles are only available, Its illegal to alter them to be auto.
Original post by JK11
Strictly semi automatic rifles are only available, Its illegal to alter them to be auto.

Why are they necessary when a hand gun will do for self-defence?
Reply 5
Original post by JK11
it's illegal to alter them to be auto

It's also illegal to shoot people but that doesn't seem to stop them
Reply 6
Original post by Alexion
It's also illegal to shoot people but that doesn't seem to stop them

his point was that there wasnt already a ban on automatic rifles
Reply 7
Original post by VV Cephei A
Automatic rifles are not freely available for sale. You're a liberal who is frightened of guns, so any firearm which is big and scary looking is an "assault rifle" in your book, but this is ignorant of actual firearm classifications.

Given that our last school shooting was Dunblane in 1996. I think his scared approach is the right way to go, don't you? Mean while....Good old USA wrecking that 300+ school shootings this year.

I cant understand why anyone of average intelligence would think guns were a good thing for a country. IDGAF about fire arms classifications. They're bad. End of.

Edit: typo 300 mass shootings in USA in 2015, 144 school shootings since 2013 and 336 incidents where shots were fired near schools.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Grand High Witch
Why are they necessary when a hand gun will do for self-defence?

depends who you are defending yourself from. a burglar? a tyrannical government?
Reply 9
Original post by Themini
Given that our last school shooting was Dunblane in 1996. I think his approach is the right way, don't you? Mean while....Good old USA recking that 300+ school shootings this year.

I cant understand why anyone of average intelligence would think guns were a good thing for a country

the ideal would be no guns. but you can go ahead and try removing 350 million guns from people who arent gonna hand em over
Original post by Themini
Given that our last school shooting was Dunblane in 1996. I think his approach is the right way, don't you? Mean while....Good old USA recking that 300+ school shootings this year.

You believing there were 300 school shootings this year (hint: there havent been 300 school shootings in all of American history) evidences why arguing with liberals about guns is like arguing with little children.
The level of ignorance amazes me. There was a guy on Jeremy Vines R2 show spouting about all these Americans using machine guns and vine never contradicted him. Having said that he probably didn't know the guy was talking a load of old pony.
If Sandy didn't convince them this won't.
Having said that suicide bombers often take out similar numbers and they don't carry a gun of any description.
Reply 12
Original post by drogon
no no no dont blame the guns blame the muslims

Are you trying to get banned?
Original post by JK11
depends who you are defending yourself from. a burglar? a tyrannical government?

I don't think living your life in expectance of civil war is either healthy nor reasonable.
Original post by JK11
the ideal would be no guns. but you can go ahead and try removing 350 million guns from people who arent gonna hand em over

Its pretty simple, make it illegal. America doesn't want to do it based on an economic perspective because a lot of their revenue comes from the production of guns, warfare, military and defence contracts which is why their economy picked up far quicker than us with the crisis in the ME

Note: second amendment states citizens have the right to bare arms.

Most argue its their constitutional right.

Its an amendment to begin with. Why cant they change it? There are 30+ amendments lol...like the abolishment of slavery.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by M14B
Are you trying to get banned?

It's satire.
Original post by Grand High Witch
I am pro-full gun control as in the UK, but even if America is to retain its right to bear arms, why is this not limited to basic handguns only? Why are automatic rifles available for sale? What possible purpose could buying an automatic rifle serve?

The reason is to fight oppressive governments, should one arise. Ironically, they tend to show up right around, if not always, when the citizenry of said nation get disarmed lol.

Also, I want to own some artillery, god I hope that's legal somewhere in America.
Reply 17
Original post by drogon
It's satire.

Glad
Original post by JK11

A semi automatic rifle really still makes no sense if you've only got a gun for "self defence"

Original post by Themini
Mean while....Good old USA wrecking that 300+ school shootings this year.

That's blatantly wrong.
Original post by JK11

the AR-15 semi-automatic is the nutter's choice of firearm...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orlando-nightclub-massacre/ar-15-rifle-used-orlando-massacre-has-bloody-pedigree-n590581

Latest