Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi not sure if this is e right place to post this as I'm new but hopefully it is. I have a history sources mock paper tomorrow and I am really panicking about what to do. Our topic is key topic. 4 (the general strike, equality for woman and industrial unrest). I don't understand the structure and really want to get high marks. Any advice as to how I could do this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated especially since my exam is tomorrow morning. Thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    Is this for OCR exam board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Historystudent5)
    Hi not sure if this is e right place to post this as I'm new but hopefully it is. I have a history sources mock paper tomorrow and I am really panicking about what to do. Our topic is key topic. 4 (the general strike, equality for woman and industrial unrest). I don't understand the structure and really want to get high marks. Any advice as to how I could do this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated especially since my exam is tomorrow morning. Thanks xx
    If it is for the OCR exam board:
    For the shorter questions that ask the messages, give the Theme, Evidence (context) and Analysis (What effect this has).

For the long sixteen mark question at the end it is essential that you answer it correctly otherwise the top grade you can get is Level 2 which is about 4-5 out of a possible 16 marks. In this question you give a theme, and give a lot of context- you only briefly reference the source, and the bulk of the mars will come from the context you give! This was an addition to the mark scheme 2 years ago and many people still answer it incorrectly.
    Keep in mind this is for OCR!

(Original post by luke_stroud_)
    For the shorter questions that ask the messages, give the Theme, Evidence (context) and Analysis (What effect this has).

For the long sixteen mark question at the end it is essential that you answer it correctly otherwise the top grade you can get is Level 2 which is about 4-5 out of a possible 16 marks. In this question you give a theme, and give a lot of context- you only briefly reference the source, and the bulk of the mars will come from the context you give! This was an addition to the mark scheme 2 years ago and many people still answer it incorrectly.
    Are you doing the GCSE Paper tomorrow?
    I never understand what they mean by context? And will it be on votes for women?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Are you doing the GCSE Paper tomorrow?
    I never understand what they mean by context? And will it be on votes for women?
    No it's a mock paper and yeah part of the paper is on equality for women

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luke_stroud_)

my exam board is AQA I think

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.