Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone just focusing on one cultural topic instead of both at the moment in preparation for the exam??

Does anyone know anyone who has done this in the past and got a good grade? Don't have much time but want a good grade so is this the best way to go about it instead of spreading myself thinly over BOTH topics and vocab, translations etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnitaaaAlice)
    Is anyone just focusing on one cultural topic instead of both at the moment in preparation for the exam??

Does anyone know anyone who has done this in the past and got a good grade? Don't have much time but want a good grade so is this the best way to go about it instead of spreading myself thinly over BOTH topics and vocab, translations etc?
    That's a bit risky because the two questions for one culture topic might be horrible whereas there might be nice ones for the culture topic you didn't revise. I would advise learning both culture topics - it is a safer option

ReputationRep:
    Our school only taught us the q12 essay, so only a book, even though we also did the film for the speaking. I personally don't think it's too much of a risk but up to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harina10)
    Our school only taught us the q12 essay, so only a book, even though we also did the film for the speaking. I personally don't think it's too much of a risk but up to you
    I agree with you - we studied Lorca and Almodóvar, but are focusing on Almodóvar because we found that easier to write about. In my opinion, the AQA questions are usually vague enough for you to be able to say anything that would be relevant to the question anyway, so I would recommend only doing the one topic rather than both. It's a hassle and you're probably better at one cultural topic than the other anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harina10)
    Same here, we did Del Toro and Lorca in the speaking but have only learned Dell Toro for the exam

ReputationRep:
    One question guys, in this exam you can speak about any spanish period any? Cause I spoke about the Spanish Civil War in my speaking test... Should I do some research about the most important person during that period? (Sorry if I got some gramatical mistakes )

ReputationRep:
    on average how much does everyone write on the Cultural topics?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.