Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    We weren t together so long, but everything was going so great, i seriously adore this girl. Then just recently they started having funny moods with me, and starting arguments for no reason. The 1st time they did it, we fell out, didnt speak for a day, then they said sorry. Then just a few days later they did the same but worse, and i am not happy one bit because there s no need for it. So i sent them a voice message (which i know they read) saying go find someone else who se gonna put up with your silly arguments, good luck finding someone who l love you like i do, all the best .. I didn t send this cus i wanted that to be it, but because I wanted to send the message the pointless arguments aren t acceptable, and hoping that would put a stop to it and they d sincerely apologise, and if they don t then obviously they don t really care about me. But all they said to that was Ok then . And it s been 3 days since (now).
    What do I do? I can t go back on my strong stance, but at the same time, iv e been crying cus i miss them so much, i m so upset, is that probably it, over? Did i do the right thing? Do you think they l ever message me again?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It will hurt at first, it always does because you had such a strong attachment. But if they're not willing to fight for you then are they right for you in the first place? Is that the person you want to be in along term relationship with? If you know it's not then you know the pain will go away after time you just have to expect it to take time for your heart to heal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by closetotheend)
    We weren t together so long, but everything was going so great, i seriously adore this girl. Then just recently they started having funny moods with me, and starting arguments for no reason. The 1st time they did it, we fell out, didnt speak for a day, then they said sorry. Then just a few days later they did the same but worse, and i am not happy one bit because there s no need for it. So i sent them a voice message (which i know they read) saying go find someone else who se gonna put up with your silly arguments, good luck finding someone who l love you like i do, all the best .. I didn t send this cus i wanted that to be it, but because I wanted to send the message the pointless arguments aren t acceptable, and hoping that would put a stop to it and they d sincerely apologise, and if they don t then obviously they don t really care about me. But all they said to that was Ok then . And it s been 3 days since (now).
    What do I do? I can t go back on my strong stance, but at the same time, iv e been crying cus i miss them so much, i m so upset, is that probably it, over? Did i do the right thing? Do you think they l ever message me again?
    Thanks
    Sorry you are in this situation. It's not a good place to be, & your strong feelings are entirely normal. My advice is to give yourself a few more days to try to get a bit more perspective, then decide whether you actually want this person in your life, as gf or whatever. If she's not adding value by her presence in your life, then her absence won't make any difference. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps don't break up with people who you don't want to break up with? Sorry, I'm struggling to find much sympathy here.

Incidentally, it sounds like it was probably for the best.

ReputationRep:
    This sort of escalating bad treatment and argument making is a sign the relationship is on the slide and dumping is around the corner.

I guess there's a learning not to say things you don't mean. This said, at least you stole the initiative which in hindsight you might appreciate. Only glimmer of hope is to leave the ball firmly in her court.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.