Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heyyy ,you guys can talk about Graphic Products gcse here.

ReputationRep:
    Bump.Any1 there?

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think will come up?

ReputationRep:
    jasminenctang u can speak it here.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok. Cool, anyone got any predictions? and tips on how to revise?
    at the moment, I'm using BBC Bitesize.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasminenctang)
    Oh ok. Cool, anyone got any predictions? and tips on how to revise?
    at the moment, I'm using BBC Bitesize.
    CGP book(blue book).Costs I think £6.50 from Amazon..Order it,its decent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AGBF)
    CGP book(blue book).Costs I think £6.50 from Amazon..Order it,its decent.
    Will do. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Wonder what will come up on section B, what coursework assignment did you guys do ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not worried for the exam at all, Graphics is the easy exam I have to do in my opinion, and I got an A* in the coursework so hopefully I'll be fine. Good luck to the rest of you

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, Graphics. My last exam, after everyone else in the school has finished their exams... and it starts at a ridiculous time and ends so late the minibus service from our school has ended and we have to walk down in the dark. Fancy that. Tip for the future: don't take AQA exams if you don't live in the UK, the timing is awful.

My teacher taught us nothing on the syllabus. Apart from the time we spent on our coursework, the rest of the lessons were literally dedicated to rendering techniques. That's not even the worst, but I don't think you're here to listen to me complain about that.

Right now I'm just using our textbook and the syllabus statements, and following each statement to make notes.
    And by textbook, I mean this, it's the only thing we were given...

I am literally teaching myself the syllabus right now and the exam is in four days please help me

I don't know much about the technical things, or manufacturing processes. If only our teacher would actually cover stuff we didn't know! In the past exams, the things covered just happened to be in my knowledge, but I'm not sure if I'll get lucky this time.

I hate the "quality of written communication" question with a burning passion. I never manage to get full marks on it in practice exams because apparently my "examples to support my answer" are not good enough. Also apparently they knock off marks if you make any spelling or grammar mistakes so I guess I just have to hope that I'm awake enough to write legibly with all the letters in the right order!

ReputationRep:
    My teacher thinks that Section A of the exam will consist of 'encouraging children to grow their own fruit and vegetables'. They claim that we may have to draw and label something like packaging that does this or something else. We may have to draw something like a standee (pictured here: http://even.exactservices.pk/images/...n__standee.jpg) which encourages children to grow their own fruit and veg.

If packaging does come up as something to draw, a good idea to add would also be adding that a part of the product will be die cutted, vacuum formed or feature some kind of smart material on it.

Of course, this isn't definitely what will come up, but that's what my teacher says.

Good luck all!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be happy if they ask to design a leaflet. I can't be bothered for anything fancy. Please please be an easy paper. I've only revised a couple days before the exam. And it's today! in a couple hours...

trying not to freak out.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.