The Student Room Group

Post grad loans

Hi,
I have been offered a place on an MA course and I had hoped to access student loans to help fund the course. However, upon enquiring further I found a specific criterion to be age-related.
It would seem student loans to access post-grad courses are limited to those under the age of 60 years?
I have to stress that this is in fact ageist, particularly in relation to the ever-increasing retirement ages now being applied.
I will be making application for financial help and I will also be looking into this factor and its relevancy within the Equality Act 2010.
Who would I contact in order to discuss this further?
Regards,Glenys Arthur.
Reply 1
Original post by garthur
Hi,
I have been offered a place on an MA course and I had hoped to access student loans to help fund the course. However, upon enquiring further I found a specific criterion to be age-related.
It would seem student loans to access post-grad courses are limited to those under the age of 60 years?
I have to stress that this is in fact ageist, particularly in relation to the ever-increasing retirement ages now being applied.
I will be making application for financial help and I will also be looking into this factor and its relevancy within the Equality Act 2010.
Who would I contact in order to discuss this further?
Regards,Glenys Arthur.

Terms and conditions were set by the government, so your MP will be your first point of contact. However, since a similar upper age limit has existed for undergraduate Student Finance for many years, I wouldn't be optimistic of getting anywhere.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending