Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there such a thing?

I know this girl at my uni, she's a model and is in the cheerleading team at university. I know her through a friend and we have talked before but not that much. We are connected on social media as well but I haven't messaged her yet.

She's really pretty but i think these type of girls (e.g. model) only goes for really good looking guys that are tall and muscular and I'm average looking at best. I think she's way out of my league and I stand no chance.

Should I still talk to her and give it a shot or should I give up and look for someone else?

Just start speaking to her, ask about something she's doing or something you have in common. See how she responds and judge afterwards. You never know what could happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is there such a thing?

I know this girl at my uni, she's a model and is in the cheerleading team at university. I know her through a friend and we have talked before but not that much. We are connected on social media as well but I haven't messaged her yet.

She's really pretty but i think these type of girls (e.g. model) only goes for really good looking guys that are tall and muscular and I'm average looking at best. I think she's way out of my league and I stand no chance.

Should I still talk to her and give it a shot or should I give up and look for someone else?

try both :yep:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Is there such a thing?

you'll never know if you dont try, go for it

ReputationRep:
    ~ no such thing as leagues
    ~ nothing to lose
    ~ you may be wrong and she likes people just like you

Go for it :cute:

ReputationRep:
    Just go for it. Who cares if she's out of your league?

ReputationRep:
    Is there such a thing?
    Only one way to find out. Before a date I always schedule a horseback riding lesson so if a girl thinks she's out of my league and flakes on me I'll be busy riding a majestic beast galloping into the sunset with a glimmer of purpose and bravery in my eyes. Who's out of who's league now.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If you ggive the impression she is out of your league, then thats what she could think. develop a confident personality and see what happens. If she says no, then move on. Check whether she has a bf.

ReputationRep:
    Give it a shot, you never know

ReputationRep:
    Is there such a thing?

No!!!

My older brother is ugly, with good body though.

He had some absolutely amazing girlfriends which nobody including myself understands how.

ReputationRep:
    Not unless you're me. Anything with a pulse is out of my league.

As the support team member said, you never know if you don't try. You've got nothing to lose either. Go for it man! 'n when you're dating, let us know you were successful!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.