Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I'll sit the ukcat on the 4th of August, and I'm now starting to practice for it, what material can I use to practice?
    Online I've seen the question banks from the medic portal and medify, anyone tried them and can reccomend them? I was thinking about getting one of them and practicing on that and later on the ukcat's website. At the start of next month I'll attend the 2 day ukcat kaplan course, I already have their book, but I thought I'd keep it to practice after the course. What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I think the medify online stuff is decent!

ReputationRep:
    Yep I would definitely suggest medify. It was the biggest help last year. Also find a book just to get you started e.g the 600qs book or others.

ReputationRep:
    This book is a must: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Medical-Sch...keywords=ukcat
    (2nd edition of the 600q book by ISC MEDICAL)
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by tommaso99)
    Hi guys, I'll sit the ukcat on the 4th of August, and I'm now starting to practice for it, what material can I use to practice?
    Online I've seen the question banks from the medic portal and medify, anyone tried them and can reccomend them? I was thinking about getting one of them and practicing on that and later on the ukcat's website. At the start of next month I'll attend the 2 day ukcat kaplan course, I already have their book, but I thought I'd keep it to practice after the course. What do you guys think?
    Hello

Our ears are burning ! However, we won't say anything about our own stuff apart from the following: you can actually do 50 free UKCAT practice questions in the question bank to test it out and see if it's for you. Just click on the box that says 'Free Questions', and all you have to do is create a free account! Then you can decide for yourself whether you want to use it!

Regarding the Kaplan book - we would recommend going through it after the course - as you suggested you might do in the original post. This is because often lots of the material covered in courses is covered in the books also! You want to solidify you learning from the course with the techniques in the book afterwards - not the other way round.

In general, if you simply Google search UKCAT books, you can find lots of other learning materials that will all be useful (e.g. see this Amazon search result), as they will all have different practice questions and scenarios for you to practise from.

Another thing to mention (although you may well be aware of this already), the UKCAT website has the Candidate Toolkit, packed with loads of learning materials that are all free. Each section for VR, DM, QR, AR and SJ has around 60 practice questions, plus there are three full test papers.

Good luck with your UKCAT revision!

The Medic Portal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommaso99)
    I scored in the top 10% last year...I agree medify is good sjout! Deff start with the official website there are 3 practice tests and loads of practice questions on there, I'll then invest in a book to learn strategies and exam techniques. Then use medify to practice everything youve learnt, try to stimulate the live exam.

You can find my recommended books on my blog - theukcatblog.com

Goodluck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.