Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I decided t put this is general chat becasue music is more for genres I think,

Music peeps, what experiences have you had?

I've been on tour
    Seen many concerts (I'm going to a prom this year)
    Played and sang in presigious venues
    Entered competitions (e.g. composition)
    Auditioned for an award
    Entered a festival
    Completed grades
    Played in the orchestra pit of an opera
    Played on a string course
    Played in an octet, quartet and quintet once

I cant think of any more! So what have others do? As I'm trying to get ideas. SOmeone has asked me to be in a quartet for experience which I might do

ReputationRep:
    iv composed loads.mainly because we had to for gcse music,but i found i was loving it more and more.
    i dont play a string instrument...the flute and piano actually, but iv been in concerts, played with some royal philharmonic people etc.
    what grade are you at?

ReputationRep:
    I composed a song which is an amalgamation of serbian folk music and hard house techno a few weeks ago, it's 8 minutes long and it's great

ReputationRep:
    i just play guitar and sing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    i just play guitar and sing
    bless, your sweet sometimes!

ReputationRep:
    i did that on my synth, and i have 3 electric guitars and a 12 string alvarez electro-acoustic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    i did that on my synth, and i have 3 electric guitars and a 12 string alvarez electro-acoustic
    do you play classical music?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)

no, i mainly play music from film scores, such as Danny Elfman etc... and i also play the music of bands,

i try and create my own pieces of 'classical music' - which sounds strange, but nice

ReputationRep:

what about you ? do you?

ReputationRep:
    what about you ? do you?
    i play the flute!!! you can play whatever on that, but you get all kinds of guitars for playing different types of music!

ReputationRep:
    I used to write songs, from the age of 9, pretty sad arent I, and use my keyboard to make the music. Now when I look back at the songs I wrote, they started off by rainbows/ sunshine, to life, and my last song I wrote was 2 years ago, it is about love, and I sent it to westlife.

ReputationRep:
    studying for grade 6 singing at the mo but havent got results from grade 5 yet
    have probably failed
    passed with distinction at grade 4 but had a gorgeous examiner...this time had snobby woman who clearly didnt like me

ReputationRep:
    i play the flute!!! you can play whatever on that, but you get all kinds of guitars for playing different types of music!

the flute is fantatic ! i went to see a band called Camel (prog rock) and the lead guitarist/singer kept on picking up his flute and playing it ! it sounds great in a number of songs !

ReputationRep:
    iv composed loads.mainly because we had to for gcse music,but i found i was loving it more and more.
    i dont play a string instrument...the flute and piano actually, but iv been in concerts, played with some royal philharmonic people etc.
    what grade are you at?
    kool, I've only just grade six, but I do a lot more orchesta work then I do playing!

ReputationRep:
    the flute is fantatic ! i went to see a band called Camel (prog rock) and the lead guitarist/singer kept on picking up his flute and playing it ! it sounds great in a number of songs !
    i know. im glad you like. i find its the best thing that will calm me down when in angry or upset. your right..it's fantsatic!

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone play the recorder when they were younger? Everyone from my primary school had to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    Did anyone play the recorder when they were younger? Everyone from my primary school had to.
    yh!! those were the good old days! plastic recorder, all squeakly!!

ReputationRep:
    i know. im glad you like. i find its the best thing that will calm me down when in angry or upset. your right..it's fantsatic!
    hehehe download a song by Camel called 'Snow Goose' - great flute !

ReputationRep:
    hehehe download a song by Camel called 'Snow Goose' - great flute !
    ok jpj.it better be worth the effort! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have to wait ages for my grade six, but I know I've prbs only got a pass as I mucked up everything but my pieces, and in the first piece my pianist followed me and didn't count, so when I did a rit that she didn't know about (becasue we had had one rehearsel) she stopped playing and I continued becasue I waspalyuing the best ever and knew I was too neveous to replicate it, and it wa VERY VERY fast (Igot nervious and its meant to be fast, but I was taking it VERY fast!) so I dont know what I will get

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 16, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.