The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Jamie Frost
The best musical event I've probably been to is a ballet at the Royal Opera House, where they performed Daphne et Chloe by Ravel, Prelude de L'apres Midi D'un faune by Debussy and Les Nos by Stravinsky.
I should really go to concerts more. It's just a shame that I'm the only person in my family who has any interest in classical music.

As for performing, I'm performing Rimsky-Korsakov's 1st (and only) Piano Concerto tomorrow with my school orchestra :biggrin: - I'm so damn worried!

All of those pieces are fab I'm very jealous! I kinda know how you feel as no-one in my family is interested in classical music, and it's not much fun going to concerts on your own! OOh good luck for ur performance tomorrow...great concerto...I hate performing concertos because I always feel there's more pressure with an orchestra than solo, but I'm sure it'll all go swimmingly....!
musicboy
Yay, symphony of a thousand - is it CBSO?

MB

Nah, it's Staffordshire Performing Arts. This'll be my second concert at Symphony Hall, I did one at the Albert Hall a couple of years ago too - with Staffodshire Youth Choir that time.
Sorry to advertise, but I've just posted the recording of the piano concerto I did yesterday on my site.
Hope you enjoy it :smile:

Just go here:
http://www.jamiefrost.co.uk/music.php
and click on the link at the top.
Hey Everyone,
Just thought I'd drop in this convo! I'm 16 and adore my music. I play violin and viola and am working on my grade 8. I also play trumpet to grade 4 and am working on piano grade 6!
Where I live we have loads of orchestras. I currently play in Beechfield Youth Orchestra, William Appleby Chamber Orchestra, Danum Strings, The Boyce Chamber Orchestra, Danum Quartet, Doncaster Schools' Symphonic Orchestra, Sheffield Youth Orchestra, Sheffield Symphony and Electric Baroque (my own group with baroque sonatas played on electric violin with cello de gamba). I also sing in the School Choir and Doncaster Minster Church Choir.
I am planning on taking AS music next year along with Maths, Chemistry, Physics, History, English Literature and General Studies!

Does anyone here have a string fave? Whats kind of music do you preffer? I must say I av a passion for something Russian or Eastern European like Tchaikovsky, Rismsky-Korsakov, Shostakovich, Mussogorsky, Mahler being amongst my faves!

Latest

Trending

Trending