Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,i am just curious about my 1.4 06 plate petrol car,i have been driving.it for 15months and since getting it i have done about15000 miles motorway driving and some.city over a weekend,due to my job and visiting fammily down.south.it has hit 104000 miles now and i am hopeing i can get to around 200.000.

Is this.possible with a petrol car? I can not afford a new car at the.momment and i am saving up for a diesel car eventualy in a few years. I keep it serviced every 12000 miles,also had the odd parts replaved,new disk break and a passenger spring. Its running pritty good now and going strong. Just curious on any inputs or advice.

ReputationRep:
    With very strong maintenance discipline it is possible, and you may have to spend a lot of money too

how much is your petrol expenditure?

ReputationRep:
    Don't abuse it, no aggressive driving when its cold etc, regular maintenance, and there is no reason why it won't make it to 200k or beyond, my petrol Ford is only 10k away now. ITs just whether the repairs begin to outweigh the point in keeping it if it gets too expensive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.