Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I have recently completed my BA History degree at Royal Holloway and have been accepted to study a Masters degree in Holocaust and Genocide studies at the University of Amsterdam starting in September this year. However, since the course is not in the UK I have had particular difficultly finding funding. Does anyone know where to start? I've looked everywhere and written to over 20 organisations with no luck. A loan needed would be no greater than around 7/8k which includes all expenses of living, housing and tuition.
    Help would be much appreciated,
    Thank you
    Claudia

ReputationRep:
    Don't believe you can get funding from the UK to study outside the UK like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claudiasmithxx)
    Hey,
    I have recently completed my BA History degree at Royal Holloway and have been accepted to study a Masters degree in Holocaust and Genocide studies at the University of Amsterdam starting in September this year. However, since the course is not in the UK I have had particular difficultly finding funding. Does anyone know where to start? I've looked everywhere and written to over 20 organisations with no luck. A loan needed would be no greater than around 7/8k which includes all expenses of living, housing and tuition.
    Help would be much appreciated,
    Thank you
    Claudia
    When studying abroad you can't assume you will get funding. In fact until this year there wasn't automatic funding for postgraduate students studying in the UK either. That said the Netherlands does offer a tuition fee loan and, if you get a job and work 56 hours a mont or more, then you will be eligible for a maintainance loan.

Full details here
    http://www.studyinholland.co.uk/loan...s_masters.html

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.