The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hellojo
My mistake, just reread the email - 37 hours per week mon-fri it says! I think the last part of the process went pretty quick, so maybe you won't be waiting too much longer.*

Thats good being Monday to Friday. Don't fancy weekends myself. Hopefully not but i've mentally prepared myself for a 3 month wait! Been 8 months already. Where are you gonna be based? Think i heard most people are in Custom House until the big move
Reply 61
Original post by Belfast2016
Thats good being Monday to Friday. Don't fancy weekends myself. Hopefully not but i've mentally prepared myself for a 3 month wait! Been 8 months already. Where are you gonna be based? Think i heard most people are in Custom House until the big move

Did you apply in the campaign that closed september last year? Yeah custom house, it'll be interesting to see where they move to. I went for a walk to custom house square while I was in town last week. The building looks so intimidating haha.*
Reply 62
Original post by hellojo
Did you apply in the campaign that closed september last year? Yeah custom house, it'll be interesting to see where they move to. I went for a walk to custom house square while I was in town last week. The building looks so intimidating haha.*

i had to go in a while ago and it looks really scary from the outside but the security guards were lovely and the staff all seemed very casual!!! still a bit apprehensive
Original post by hellojo

Erm yep then got put on a reserve list on December. Haha to be honest i dont even know what building it is! I go right by it most days but not sure of the building. I haven't even heard any rumours where the new building could be. Well it's gonna have to be huge anyway!
Reply 64
Original post by sineadmm
i had to go in a while ago and it looks really scary from the outside but the security guards were lovely and the staff all seemed very casual!!! still a bit apprehensive

Did you notice what way were people dressed?*
Reply 65
Original post by hellojo
Did you notice what way were people dressed?*

Yeah really casually! Jeans and tshirt. Playing it safe on monday with trousers shirt combo but hopefully after then it will be back to normal!
Reply 66
Yeah really casually! Jeans and tshirt. Playing it safe on monday with trousers shirt combo but hopefully after then it will be back to normal!

Ohhh this changes everything lol.*
Reply 67
Original post by hellojo

I know I am really stressing about it. Not sure why!
Original post by hellojo

Good luck today!
yes i am in custom house as well. it seems to be massive!! found out a little more about my role, looking forward to starting now!

Hi,
I have just been offered Tax Professional / Operational Delivery Caseworker at Higher Officer in Greater London as well.
Is the office in Custom house the main one? Or are there any other offices in greater London as well?

Could tell me abit more about the role please?coz I have no clue of what we will have to do?
Sorry for asking so many questions at the same time, but have to accept my offer within 3 days.

Thanks
Reply 70
Original post by Minty1616
Hi,
I have just been offered Tax Professional / Operational Delivery Caseworker at Higher Officer in Greater London as well.
Is the office in Custom house the main one? Or are there any other offices in greater London as well?

Could tell me abit more about the role please?coz I have no clue of what we will have to do?
Sorry for asking so many questions at the same time, but have to accept my offer within 3 days.

Thanks

Hi. Custom House is in Belfast ans to be honest the role is extremely varied and being new myself I am not sure what it fully entails yet!
All I can say is it seems challenging ane exciting and I have enjoyed it so far.
Hi. Custom House is in Belfast ans to be honest the role is extremely varied and being new myself I am not sure what it fully entails yet!
All I can say is it seems challenging ane exciting and I have enjoyed it so far.

Sorry my mistake, because there's a custom house office in London as well lol!
So would the role involve a lot of travelling to tax payers site, data analysis or just checking tax payment figures in the office?
Reply 72
Hi everyone,

I got a provisional offer for Belfast on the 12th August. Can anyone tell me how long it took for the provisional checks to complete?

I work in the child maintenance service currently so I want to know when I can start the official wind down in relative safety lol!

How have you found your first week(s)?
Original post by MikalM
Hi everyone,

I got a provisional offer for Belfast on the 12th August. Can anyone tell me how long it took for the provisional checks to complete?

I work in the child maintenance service currently so I want to know when I can start the official wind down in relative safety lol!

How have you found your first week(s)?

Hey. I had a provisional offer for O Grade on 12 August. I read some people successful earlier in the year were sent a medical questionnaire. Were you sent one because I wasn't? I've literally heard nothing since 12 August. It just says checks are underway on the portal. Bit concerned to have heard nothing t
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 74
Original post by Jamz115
Hey. I had a provisional offer for O Grade on 12 August. I read some people successful earlier in the year were sent a medical questionnaire. Were you sent one because I wasn't? I've literally heard nothing since 12 August. It just says checks are underway on the portal. Bit concerned to have heard nothing t

Heya, nope I've not received anything yet. It's just a super long recruitment campaign it seems. A few friends in Child Maintenance got a medical questionnaire sent through but they were accepted for Cardiff and they seem to need staff more urgently than Belfast at the minute.
Original post by MikalM
Heya, nope I've not received anything yet. It's just a super long recruitment campaign it seems. A few friends in Child Maintenance got a medical questionnaire sent through but they were accepted for Cardiff and they seem to need staff more urgently than Belfast at the minute.

so you work in Civil service already? I've never worked in the civil service so not sure what to expect!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Hello everyone

I just wanted to ask what the pre-employment checks consist of and what documents they ask for?

Thanks
Original post by Jamz115

Same for me.

Provisional Offer for O grade in Belfast on 12th August, and nothing since then.

This was from being on the reserve list since interview last year (HO/O positions, Closing date Sep 15, Interview Nov 15), got 556 the interview.

Hopefully it wont be too much longer before we hear.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PapaSmurf46
Same for me.

Provisional Offer for O grade in Belfast on 12th August, and nothing since then.

This was from being on the reserve list since interview last year (HO/O positions, Closing date Sep 15, Interview Nov 15), got 556 the interview.

Hopefully it wont be too much longer before we hear.

Mines the same O Grade .... Wonder what the difference is between O and HO

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamz115
Mines the same O Grade .... Wonder what the difference is between O and HO

Posted from TSR Mobile

My wife interviewed at the same time, and got offered an HO post, started back in Feb, and she got a 766 or 776 in her interview (cant remember which)

Latest

Trending

Trending