govtandpolitics
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm currently at the stage of beginning to draft my personal statement and don't know what to do or where to start. I don't know what I want to do yet, so I need to write my statement very broadly? Any advice on how to start and the structure and what to include?
Thank you
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by govtandpolitics)
I'm currently at the stage of beginning to draft my personal statement and don't know what to do or where to start. I don't know what I want to do yet, so I need to write my statement very broadly? Any advice on how to start and the structure and what to include?
Thank you
The point of a personal statement is to help you apply to a uni course and unless you have a course/career in mind it is very difficult to begin a personal statement. It's reasonably easy to list your skills and attributes, but for a successful personal statement these really need to be applied to your chosen course. Different courses have very different things that should be included. The PS builder tool (linked in my signature) will be useful to help you make a start, but I can't stress enough how much easier it is to write when you have a course in mind that you are passionate about.
sadixx
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
https://www.ucas.com/sites/default/f...-worksheet.pdf you could start with answering these questions as a first draft
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?