The Student Room Group

Questions on paper for English Language B AQA exam 14th june 2016??

saw some people say they had this exam on 14th june whereas mine is tomo, if anyone did please please please help me out, im sooooo stuck
Original post by Margo123
saw some people say they had this exam on 14th june whereas mine is tomo, if anyone did please please please help me out, im sooooo stuck

Yeah I'm pretty sure the exam is tomorrow, what's up?
I also thought some people had the exam today... I saw something on my schools exam window. But I doubt anyone would be allowed to speak about it?
Reply 3
ah okay.. I'm just really stuck on language change, don't really know how to structure the essay :/ If you have any useful tips please lemme know :smile:

Original post by emma.smith1
Yeah I'm pretty sure the exam is tomorrow, what's up?
Reply 4
ah i see.. yeah that's true really, I'm just desperate to know so i can see what to focus on but i guess everyone wants to know haha
Original post by natashaellenx
I also thought some people had the exam today... I saw something on my schools exam window. But I doubt anyone would be allowed to speak about it?
Yer i am really stuck on lang change too, which parts are you confused about exactly?
Check out the other thread called "AQA A2 English Language B 14th June 2016" (it's supposed to say 15th June but the person who created the thread can't change it!) There's some excellent language change notes you can download on there. I just printed out a lovely persons structure that she wrote in there for language change (I think her name was Penny or something) hope this helps
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
just structuring it really, I think i'm okay with the terminology and dates but just dont know how to start it etc
Original post by navysheep
Yer i am really stuck on lang change too, which parts are you confused about exactly?
Reply 8
ahh great! thank you :smile:
Original post by natashaellenx
Check out the other thread called "AQA A2 English Language B 14th June 2016" (it's supposed to say 15th June but the person who created the thread can't change it!) There's some excellent language change notes you can download on there. I just printed out a lovely persons structure that she wrote in there for language change (I think her name was Penny or something) hope this helps
Reply 9
just all of it really like structuring answer i dont know where to start ahhh
Original post by Margo123
just structuring it really, I think i'm okay with the terminology and dates but just dont know how to start it etc

My teacher told me to do it like this
Intro- Context, audience, register, purpose
Middle- Lexical fields, semantic shifts (Borrowing, Broadening, Narrowing...)
-Process/attitudes
Then- Power, Gender, technology
Other- orthographical (spelling/capitals) sentence types (lengths, functions, types)

I hope that kind of helps and good luck
Reply 11
Ah that does really help, thank you!! good luck to you also :biggrin:

My teacher told me to do it like this
Intro- Context, audience, register, purpose
Middle- Lexical fields, semantic shifts (Borrowing, Broadening, Narrowing...)
-Process/attitudes
Then- Power, Gender, technology
Other- orthographical (spelling/capitals) sentence types (lengths, functions, types)

I hope that kind of helps and good luck

Quick Reply

Latest