Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    get paranoid about their health?

i do and its driving me insane!

for the past two days, my thighs have been achy and when i come downstairs in the morning, they feel a bit weak/wobbly, sort of like they havent woken up properly and then they just ache.
    i have no reason for this happening, nothing differnet in my usual life to casuse this.

therefore, its left me a bit worried, naturally thinking the worse.

anyone else?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I am like that but I suffer from health anxiety every migraine makes me think its a stroke, aching legs equals blood clots, feeling sick means I have a serious bug and I'm going to die, a racing heart means a heart attack and so on. Its draining. I suffer from OCD and panic attacks and I think they are all linked. I've been like this since I was a child so I'm kind of used to it but its still as draining and as time consuming to constantly check my body and dread anything I find.

You're not alone :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I am like that but I suffer from health anxiety every migraine makes me think its a stroke, aching legs equals blood clots, feeling sick means I have a serious bug and I'm going to die, a racing heart means a heart attack and so on. Its draining. I suffer from OCD and panic attacks and I think they are all linked. I've been like this since I was a child so I'm kind of used to it but its still as draining and as time consuming to constantly check my body and dread anything I find.

You're not alone :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    think mine might be the same?
    iv been like this since a recent scare and i hate checking myself in case i find something but lately, since this scare, im always at the doctors.
    for me, im relating things back to cancer which is what my scare was. which still isnt actually resolved
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    think mine might be the same?
    iv been like this since a recent scare and i hate checking myself in case i find something but lately, since this scare, im always at the doctors.
    for me, im relating things back to cancer which is what my scare was. which still isnt actually resolved
    It could be health anxiety which some doctors say is a form of OCD as you constantly obsess and check yourself so its worth mentioning it to your GP and if it becomes unbearable, they might offer you meds or therapy as well as giving you a full physical check up to try and put your mind at rest.

I went through a cancer scare a few years ago so I know how worrying it can be until you know for sure that you are in the clear. Cancer is still the biggest worry for me health wise, that and strokes.

ReputationRep:
    It could be health anxiety which some doctors say is a form of OCD as you constantly obsess and check yourself so its worth mentioning it to your GP and if it becomes unbearable, they might offer you meds or therapy as well as giving you a full physical check up to try and put your mind at rest.

I went through a cancer scare a few years ago so I know how worrying it can be until you know for sure that you are in the clear. Cancer is still the biggest worry for me health wise, that and strokes.
    im gonna book a drs app tomorrow about my legs anyway so il mention it then, but how do you bring up the subject ? :/

it is for me as well, more so because i have kids.
    the cancer scare got me so bad i was already arranging who my kids would go to etc

ReputationRep:
    There a lot of hypochondriacs in TSR
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    im gonna book a drs app tomorrow about my legs anyway so il mention it then, but how do you bring up the subject ? :/

it is for me as well, more so because i have kids.
    the cancer scare got me so bad i was already arranging who my kids would go to etc
    Just say about how stressed you are feeling over worrying about your health and that its either taking up a lot of time during the day or its impossible to shut down and its affecting your every day life and they will take it from there and will ask how long its been going on and ask for a mental health background from you and things like that. Its a common problem so they will have heard it all before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    There a lot of hypochondriacs in TSR
    Just say about how stressed you are feeling over worrying about your health and that its either taking up a lot of time during the day or its impossible to shut down and its affecting your every day life and they will take it from there and will ask how long its been going on and ask for a mental health background from you and things like that. Its a common problem so they will have heard it all before.
    hopefully, i just hope there not as narrow minded at odes above you

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.