Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Falling for a married man watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    If you guys could help me out, I’ll be forever grateful. The thing is see, the other night I met this man (he’s 29) we got on great, and spent the whole night, dancing, laughing, and generally having a good time. When he were saying goodbye, we exchanged mobile numbers, I didn’t think anything of it.
    He texted me the next day, to make a long story short, we have now been talking on the phone, and texting for about five months, we have also met up a lot during this time.
    Lately though, he has admitted to me, he has some ‘feelings’ for me. This has made me very confused, as lately though, I can’t stop thinking about him, we send about 50 text messages to each other a day, and talk on the phone for about 1-2 hours.
    I think I’m falling for him. I know it’s wrong, he’s married, and too old for me (I’m 18) but I care about him so much.

I don’t know what to do, I tired cutting off all contact with him, but it was impossible for us to do. :confused: I'm just really conused.

ReputationRep:
    How long has he been married for? Sex with one person is boring, it's good to have something on the side. But it will always be something on the side because marriage is such a big deal. Don't fall for him, get up and walk away. It can only make you look bad.

ReputationRep:
    Steer clear. Another woman stole my father. Its not a pleasent experience for anyone involved.

ReputationRep:
    he's been married for two years (but they split up for one year of that)

and no, he hasn't got any chlidren

ReputationRep:
    been married for two years (split up for a year though, so only really been married for a year)

and no, no chlidren

ReputationRep:
    ***sorry for the double posts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devil_2004)
    he's been married for two years (but they split up for one year of that)

and no, he hasn't got any chlidren

If hes got no children then go for it girl, dont worry about the age difference. But be sure hes not just gonna use for sex. Older men are usually much nicer and sweeter and have had more experience Although its not nice for his wife, but maybe they are on the edge of divorce, speak to him and ask him how is marriage is.

ReputationRep:
    go for it!

ReputationRep:
    If you guys could help me out, I’ll be forever grateful. The thing is see, the other night I met this man (he’s 29) we got on great, and spent the whole night, dancing, laughing, and generally having a good time. When he were saying goodbye, we exchanged mobile numbers, I didn’t think anything of it.
    He texted me the next day, to make a long story short, we have now been talking on the phone, and texting for about five months, we have also met up a lot during this time.
    Lately though, he has admitted to me, he has some ‘feelings’ for me. This has made me very confused, as lately though, I can’t stop thinking about him, we send about 50 text messages to each other a day, and talk on the phone for about 1-2 hours.
    I think I’m falling for him. I know it’s wrong, he’s married, and too old for me (I’m 18) but I care about him so much.

I don’t know what to do, I tired cutting off all contact with him, but it was impossible for him to do. :confused: I'm just really conused.
    It's fine, as long as you are prepared to waste time on a dishonest man who is unlikely to commit to you, and even if he did probably would not be faithful. As long as you're only having a laugh, you'll be ok. I wouldn't fall for him though, he sounds like a classic bad egg.

ReputationRep:
    thank you all xxx

ReputationRep:
    if he met you when he'd already been separated from his wife, i think you're ok but if he met you when he was still with you that's a different thing and i'm not so sure. it's up to you: just remember you cannot judge him, there can be any number of reasons why he split-up with his wife, not necessarily meaning he's untrustworthy. good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Oh I can't believe all you people who are telling her to go for it!!! If he's married and he is behaving like this it shows a lot about his character (that dirty, lying, weirdo!) Do not trust this guy. If you don't feel any compassion towards his wife that poor thing, at least take care of yourself! Trust me, this guy is bad news. If he can cheat on someone even while he is married, what hope is there for you? He wants a fling with you and thats all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Oh I can't believe all you people who are telling her to go for it!!! If he's married and he is behaving like this it shows a lot about his character (that dirty, lying, weirdo!) Do not trust this guy. If you don't feel any compassion towards his wife that poor thing, at least take care of yourself! Trust me, this guy is bad news. If he can cheat on someone even while he is married, what hope is there for you? He wants a fling with you and thats all.
    I agree with you. This girl needs to wake up. Do you realise how the wife is gonna feel when she finds out about what her mans been up to. He is just going to use you and eventually do the same thing to you.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just keep as friends; wife? pft..... who knows how many different places his chopper has been..........

there is more than just one person you can fall in love with out there....

ReputationRep:
    the other night I met this man (he’s 29) .....to make a long story short, we have now been talking on the phone, and texting for about five months.
    hmmmmm......whats that Watson, what do you smell???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaTTT)
    there is more than just one person you can fall in love with out there....
    Well if you're the kind of person who can fall in love with more than one person at once, you're not exactly gonna marry are you? So if you do, it's all your fault and you have to deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    hmmmmm......whats that Watson, what do you smell???
    hahaha good observation!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    Well if you're the kind of person who can fall in love with more than one person at once, you're not exactly gonna marry are you? So if you do, it's all your fault and you have to deal with it.
    you completely missed my point: there isn't just one person in this world that you can fall in love with, there is at least one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazYaTTT)
    you completely missed my point: there isn't just one person in this world that you can fall in love with, there is at least one
    Well for me, I doubt I'd fall in love with someone else if I was with someone. And if it did happen, I'd tell my partner before trying to juggle two people.

ReputationRep:
    I thought she was talking about the married man?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.