OCR Religious Studies Philosophy Quotes Watch

EmmaC_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
It's that time again for RS.. So let's help each other out, like last time, and post some quotes for the Philosophy Exam tomorrow

Here's a few:
Beliefs About Diety:
• "If there is a God, whence proceed so many evils? If there is no God, whence cometh any good?" (Boethius)
• "How can you believe in a God who permits suffering on this scale?" (Archbishop of Canterbury)
.. etc
1jonam16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EmmaC_)
It's that time again for RS.. So let's help each other out, like last time, and post some quotes for the Philosophy Exam tomorrow

Here's a few:
Beliefs About Diety:
• "If there is a God, whence proceed so many evils? If there is no God, whence cometh any good?" (Boethius)
• "How can you believe in a God who permits suffering on this scale?" (Archbishop of Canterbury)
.. etc
Why do we need quotes for beliefs about deity? Surely, the theories proposed by Aquinas, Payley are satisfactory?
EmmaC_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by 1jonam16)
Why do we need quotes for beliefs about deity? Surely, the theories proposed by Aquinas, Payley are satisfactory?
That's true but a quote won't do any harm Also it can help with your reasoning and evidence for religious views along with the theories proposed.
1jonam16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by EmmaC_)
That's true but a quote won't do any harm Also it can help with your reasoning and evidence for religious views along with the theories proposed.
I guess, but I don't want to smudge my work with quotes aha, rather I'd present the argument with clear reasoning. Anwyays good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (38)
10.03%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.17%
No, but I want to start (136)
35.88%
No, I am unable to (86)
22.69%
No, I chose not to (107)
28.23%