GCSE history B modern world predicted grade boundaries? Watch

Real_jenn
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The British depth study paper was awful-No A* for me!
Which one do you think was harder this year or last years?
Is this paper only 35%?
CharlesJH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Did you do 1890-1918? If so, I have finally found someone who feels the same way. If not? Well I'm about to sound like an idiot to most people maybe.
The sources were alright to understand, but I was not sure on what to comment on contextual knowledge. I said a bunch of things just to get some marks like the militant action of the suffragettes and what Queen Victoria and other people in society believed about how women should act.
And the last question I rushed real bad, probably got like 8 out of the 16 marks on that so yeah.
The paper is 35% and typical grade boundaries are 42 for an A*. Last year was much lower but many people got screwed over by the new format. But I feel like they may be a few marks higher since I've seen so many people finding this exam "easy" and that they've aced it, but I cannot be sure of that...so yeah.
Overall, I say 42-44 for an A* give or take, and I know how you feel. I don't remember too much about last year's paper, but I got 92% on that so yeah. Last year was much better for me I think....
CharlesJH
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd say stay calm though. You tried your best at least, you may do better than expected. Many of my history teachers thought the last question was especially weird as well, so don't feel too bad. Enjoy your summer and wait until results day to see how you did.
Lilyl00
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
my history teacher who marks for OCR said this was by far the hardest source paper he's seen In ages, so don't lose hope yet!
CharlesJH
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lilyl00)
my history teacher who marks for OCR said this was by far the hardest source paper he's seen In ages, so don't lose hope yet!
My other history teacher was absolutely furious at the paper today when they got it.
Lilyl00
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CharlesJH)
My other history teacher was absolutely furious at the paper today when they got it.
Hopefully the grade boundaries will be so so low cos otherwise I'm wondering how we're all gonna pass😂
CharlesJH
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lilyl00)
Hopefully the grade boundaries will be so so low cos otherwise I'm wondering how we're all gonna pass😂
Plants would have to align and 5 blue moons would have to happen in a week before that **** could happen (if grade boundaries are not low)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.39%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.31%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (97)
17.86%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (82)
15.1%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.94%
How can I be the best version of myself? (165)
30.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise