Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

England would be better appointing Trump mkII as Prime Minister Watch

ReputationRep:
    Maybe not as outspoken and far right as him, and someone that is socially left leaning (so no victimising benefit claimants), but I don't think we crack down enough on migration enough in this country. And I think many people will agree.

Go to any large town and city and you will see that, over 50-60 years of second and third-generation etc immigration there is a cultural melting pot, which is healthy for community spirit if it isn't in the extreme. But (let's take my hometown of Manchester for example for a second), when white British people are in the minority there becomes a Mexican stand off, an animosity, towards foreigners/immigrants etc etc) And I'm only talking about Indians/Pakistanis/Chinese/Caribbean who have spent 50 years establishing a foothold in the community. There becomes immigrant ghettos created, which will inevitably have a drug trade which will lead to crime. Look at any largely West Indian suburb of Manchester, and it has been plagued with gun crime, a direct correalation between the drug trade instigated and maintained by Jamaican stroke West Indian natives who have came over here.
    There are also white no go areas in these places. Yes, I said it, white no go areas (so much for racism only being directed towards minorities.

But let's look at the nu wave immigration from Eastern Europe and Africa.

Let's look at the fact that these people seem to get all the new social housing where I live (there's been an alarming increase of Africans where I live which was once traditionally a white-majority area. Not that I want to create an all white idyll,as I said before multiculturalism in moderation is healthy. These people aren't highly skilled so take menial jobs like cleaning and in healthcare (there's a hell of a lot of Africans in the NHS and according to my mum who is ex healthcare they're amongst the laziest). So aside from taking jobs take a British person could quite easily do, they pay very little in taxes as their wage is low (whilst subsequently possibly topping them up with working tax credits and housing benefit), they also send money home for their families to accumulate enough money to come to the UK. They got the system sewn up. Polish/Lithuanian etc are either low skilled (so they have the monopoly on factory jobs and the like) or highly skilled (so they take jobs like dentist and doctor jobs) . Thus denying highlt skilled British workers of a job)

Add to this the extra strain on healthcare, public transport, schools, social housing. All facilitated by the government ergo the British taxpayer.

Not only this I just feel that too many different cultures and their languages and their ways of life and their religions, if not in moderation, dilute our own British culture.

So instead of looking after the British first we see a homelessness epidemic (I would call it that in my city, for example). Whilst how many Africans do you see homeless? Indians? Polish? They seem to have first refusal on social housing when it should be on a "first come, first served" basis on the principal of fairness, so if you're British you get offered a house before a foreigner. It's only right, no?

So with less emphasis on foreigners we can then focus on our own people, investing more in housing for them, benefits should they need them, the NHS (inparticular the mental health sector), and our youth who come out of school and can't get their first job because, surprise surpise Woljiech from Katowice got offered it first)

/rant

ReputationRep:
    Make your point brief bro

ReputationRep:
    look like you've built a huuuge wall
    a 'yuuuuge wall, of text.
    and you're going to make pink floyd pay for it
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    "A job a British person could easily do" well can I just point out that many immigrants actually do the jobs that many British people do not want to do. Whilst many born and bred British people are collecting unemployment benefit, most immigrants are slaving their asses off to send money to support their family in another country. They do not take your benefits and they cannot collect them anyways as many have arrived for less than a year.

As for the increasing crime rates, you have picked areas of significant immigrant ethnicities so of course the majority of the crimes will be of that ethnicity. Same with a typically white area, the majority of the crime committed would be of that area.

If you think other cultures are "diluting" English culture, doesn't that go against the whole British idea of being one community who accepts others? British culture is all about community and pride; we live in the 21st century with others as our friends, get with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ODES_PDES)
    Make your point brief bro
    Agreed this **** needs a TL;DR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    Agreed this **** needs a TL;DR
    Agreed, my attention span is non existent

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    tl;dr

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but I'm not reading a political argument predicated on the belief that England has a prime minister.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.