Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which Macbook Pro should i buy i'm getting a little bit of a discount as a uni student but which one 13" or 15"
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Go and see them in real life, so you cna get an idea as to the size and weight difference. You nearest Apple store or John Lewis. Sizewise is more about screen and weight. Personal choice.

what's inside tends to matter more.
    If you need a bigger screen then you cna always have one back in your room and they are pretty cheap.

ReputationRep:
    I'm using a 13" and it works great, it's fast, portable, brilliant display and has no annoying fan noise. It has enough RAM for my needs and I'm not too fussed about the 256GB storage either.

Honestly, the thing that really matters is the specs and how they cater towards your own needs.
    If both the laptops have the same specs excluding screen size, I wouldn't say a difference in 2" would make a sizeable difference.
    If the 15" you're looking at has better specs than the 13", and the better specs will make a real difference to your work, for example if you really need the extra space because you work with big files, or you need the extra RAM because you're using a program like Adobe After Effects that eats away at your RAM, then go for the 15".
    Otherwise it's just extra money spent on 2" of display.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jerry)
    Which Macbook Pro should i buy i'm getting a little bit of a discount as a uni student but which one 13" or 15"
    I'm about to buy one too! I definitely recommend the 13 inch - it's significantly cheaper and if you'll be wanting to bring your laptop to the library, lectures etc., it's more portable. It's still really powerful, though if you have extra cash it might be worth getting a better processor (I'm getting the i7 in the 13 inch though the base model is still great).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    I'm about to buy one too! I definitely recommend the 13 inch - it's significantly cheaper and if you'll be wanting to bring your laptop to the library, lectures etc., it's more portable. It's still really powerful, though if you have extra cash it might be worth getting a better processor (I'm getting the i7 in the 13 inch though the base model is still great).
    I've just got mine i ended up getting the 15" and compared to my old Toshiba laptop it is a LOT lighter ! I didn't want the 13" as i thought it would be smaller but it's actually not that small i don't think anyways i'm happy with my purchase love my macbook!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jerry)
    I've just got mine i ended up getting the 15" and compared to my old Toshiba laptop it is a LOT lighter ! I didn't want the 13" as i thought it would be smaller but it's actually not that small i don't think anyways i'm happy with my purchase love my macbook!
    Mine doesn't arrive for just over a week but I'm already excited! I'm glad yours lives up to expectations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    Mine doesn't arrive for just over a week but I'm already excited! I'm glad yours lives up to expectations!
    WOW a week mine came the next day why do you have to wait that long?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jerry)
    WOW a week mine came the next day why do you have to wait that long?
    It's because it's a custom build - I went for the base 13 inch, but I upgraded the processor to the Core i7, which isn't one you can buy in stores so they have to make it, rather than just ship existing stock from the warehouse. The waiting is painful... but I've waited years to finally get a Mac, so I can wait a little longer! I think I'll spend a lot of the next week checking the order status though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jerry)
    get the 13'' the guy i know works in music for tv and internet advertising and he find the 13'' better as it fits in a large satchel the 15'' didn't

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.