The Student Room Group

Msc Finance and Investment, which uni?

I have offers from both Loughborough and Strathclyde and i know that both are great universities. Is there anyone who has been to either uni that could shed light on the teaching quality/student life?
Original post by ohguys
I have offers from both Loughborough and Strathclyde and i know that both are great universities. Is there anyone who has been to either uni that could shed light on the teaching quality/student life?

Hey!

Great to hear that you're considering Loughborough :biggrin:

I've been a student here for a long while now having studied at both undergrad and postgrad level, so hopefully can give you a bit of an insight into life here. In a nutshell, I've loved every minute of it! As well as being part of an incredibly supportive department, what I've enjoyed most about my time here has been the number of extracurricular opportunities to get involved in - yes, some sport, but also loads of other stuff including language classes, spoken word events, the student cinema, student theatre productions, etc. etc. More generally, the fact that Loughborough has a large student population means that the town itself has a really studenty feel to it. There are plenty of places to eat out for a reasonable price (they've just built a new complex with a Cineworld, a Nandos and several other restaurants) and plenty of student nights on in addition to the three nights at the Students' Union. Another bonus has been the ease of transport topretty much anywhere in the country - we're on a mainline to London (takes less than 1.5 hours into St Pancras) and within half an hour of Nottingham, Leicester and Derby.

I hope this helps! Let know if you have any specific questions and I'll do my best to answer them :smile:

Teresa
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending