The Student Room Group

OCR French A2 14th June 2016

Haven't seen anyone post about this exam, how did everyone find it?? I ran out of time and so didn't finish all of the listening :/
Reply 1
Eugenics and Suicide! Couldn't have been worse!
I found this exam very difficult .. hardest one i've ever done! What do you think the grade boundaries will be? I'm hoping quite low :/
Reply 3
Yeah me too!! The reading was pretty difficult and some of the synonyms I didn't know :/ if I am honest I reckon they will be quite low, maybe 99/100 for an A? Normally when they are difficult it is in the low 100s and high 90s... My class didn't like it either, so fingers crossed the grade boundaries are low... The essay was fine though, I did the unemployment one.
Reply 4
Original post by slovth
Eugenics and Suicide! Couldn't have been worse!

Tell me about it, so depressing!!
Original post by Ola127
Yeah me too!! The reading was pretty difficult and some of the synonyms I didn't know :/ if I am honest I reckon they will be quite low, maybe 99/100 for an A? Normally when they are difficult it is in the low 100s and high 90s... My class didn't like it either, so fingers crossed the grade boundaries are low... The essay was fine though, I did the unemployment one.

Ahh I'm glad i'm not the only one who found it hard! Yeah I'm hoping it will be around 98 for an A ! This was even harder than the hard past papers in my opinion. Neither of the listening parts were particularly easy and the one of the reading sections was so so difficult!! I did a lot of guessing :/ Just hope the essay will give me some marks!!!
Reply 6
Original post by KATIE6464646464
Ahh I'm glad i'm not the only one who found it hard! Yeah I'm hoping it will be around 98 for an A ! This was even harder than the hard past papers in my opinion. Neither of the listening parts were particularly easy and the one of the reading sections was so so difficult!! I did a lot of guessing :/ Just hope the essay will give me some marks!!!

Yeah I know same, it really wasn't easy,, I've been reading French articles from newspapers and still found that I struggled on bits of the vocab, I know there are always going to be words you're not going to know, but it's just annoying... I end up going on word reference whenever I remember a word I didn't know, I annoy myself lol! :')
Original post by Ola127
Yeah I know same, it really wasn't easy,, I've been reading French articles from newspapers and still found that I struggled on bits of the vocab, I know there are always going to be words you're not going to know, but it's just annoying... I end up going on word reference whenever I remember a word I didn't know, I annoy myself lol! :':wink:

Hahaha yeah nothing would have helped except being fluent. I think even if I learnt the whole vocab list I wouldn't have got some of the words in the scamming article .. Annoying as a few hours after the exam i suddenly realised what one of them meant :frown: Ahhh wellllll.
Reply 8
Original post by KATIE6464646464
Hahaha yeah nothing would have helped except being fluent. I think even if I learnt the whole vocab list I wouldn't have got some of the words in the scamming article .. Annoying as a few hours after the exam i suddenly realised what one of them meant :frown: Ahhh wellllll.

Ah yeah I get you, I hate it when that happens because you know you know it but it's just in the exam :/ ah well we can hope 🙏🏼
Reply 9
Seems like it's gonna be low grade boundaries ^^ Need that A* for Uni :/
Reply 10
Original post by target21859
Seems like it's gonna be low grade boundaries ^^ Need that A* for Uni :/

Did you find it harder than other past papers you have done? :/
Reply 11
Original post by Ola127
Did you find it harder than other past papers you have done? :/

I think so.
Reply 12
I'm really surprised by all these responses, I thought it was the best A2 French exam I've ever done! 😆
Reply 13
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4640486 OCR FRENCH A2 OFFICIAL THREAD FOR 2017

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending