This discussion is closed.
Bragi
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I'm an American student and as my requirements for Sheffield / Edinburgh, I had to make three AP exam scores of 4. I took four exams and received 5,4,3,3, so I exceeded one and barely missed the other.

I think it's kind of like getting an offer of BBB and receiving an ABC(C).

Though I know this is strictly guesswork, any clue what the chances are they will still let me in? I have a strong resume, good grades, and I was taken out of school for surgery in the middle of my prep sessions for the two exams I received 3s on. I'm worried because I don't want to stay in the States next year.
alio
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bragi)
I'm an American student and as my requirements for Sheffield / Edinburgh, I had to make three AP exam scores of 4. I took four exams and received 5,4,3,3, so I exceeded one and barely missed the other.

Though I know this is strictly guesswork, any clue what the chances are they will still let me in? I have a strong resume, good grades, and I was taken out of school for surgery in the middle of my prep sessions for the two exams I received 3s on. I'm worried because I don't want to stay in the States next year.
yea im sure u'll get in as long as ure higher grades are in the subject u want to do. abc is really the equivilent of bbb anyway
Megalomania
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bragi)

OMG, I got exactly the same grades :eek: wot subjects did u take?
trev
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could still get an offer if the admissions tutor is nice though. You are just off one grade.
charliefarley
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Get asking them, i think you will get in cos u still have very respectable grades/points whatever. however none of us can give you the final word and piece of mind!!!
Bragi
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Megalomania)
OMG, I got exactly the same grades :eek: wot subjects did u take?
The American system is different. I took Psychology, English, Economics, and European History. The Economics, my big one since I'm going into business, is one of my 3s which is why I'm worried.
Megalomania
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bragi)
The American system is different. I took Psychology, English, Economics, and European History. The Economics, my big one since I'm going into business, is one of my 3s which is why I'm worried.

Well, i actually took the American AP, so how´s that different
cool, we have 2 subjects in common, English and European History.
I got a 3 in English, which was not a surprise my way of analysing the poem was freaking miserable. btw, what novel did u take to answer that essay question about `particular death´?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (60)
26.79%
Less motivated (164)
73.21%

Watched Threads