Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm an American student and as my requirements for Sheffield / Edinburgh, I had to make three AP exam scores of 4. I took four exams and received 5,4,3,3, so I exceeded one and barely missed the other.

I think it's kind of like getting an offer of BBB and receiving an ABC(C).

Though I know this is strictly guesswork, any clue what the chances are they will still let me in? I have a strong resume, good grades, and I was taken out of school for surgery in the middle of my prep sessions for the two exams I received 3s on. I'm worried because I don't want to stay in the States next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bragi)
    I'm an American student and as my requirements for Sheffield / Edinburgh, I had to make three AP exam scores of 4. I took four exams and received 5,4,3,3, so I exceeded one and barely missed the other.

Though I know this is strictly guesswork, any clue what the chances are they will still let me in? I have a strong resume, good grades, and I was taken out of school for surgery in the middle of my prep sessions for the two exams I received 3s on. I'm worried because I don't want to stay in the States next year.
    yea im sure u'll get in as long as ure higher grades are in the subject u want to do. abc is really the equivilent of bbb anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bragi)

OMG, I got exactly the same grades :eek: wot subjects did u take?

ReputationRep:
    You could still get an offer if the admissions tutor is nice though. You are just off one grade.

ReputationRep:
    Get asking them, i think you will get in cos u still have very respectable grades/points whatever. however none of us can give you the final word and piece of mind!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Megalomania)
    OMG, I got exactly the same grades :eek: wot subjects did u take?
    The American system is different. I took Psychology, English, Economics, and European History. The Economics, my big one since I'm going into business, is one of my 3s which is why I'm worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bragi)
    The American system is different. I took Psychology, English, Economics, and European History. The Economics, my big one since I'm going into business, is one of my 3s which is why I'm worried.

Well, i actually took the American AP, so how´s that different
    cool, we have 2 subjects in common, English and European History.
    I got a 3 in English, which was not a surprise my way of analysing the poem was freaking miserable. btw, what novel did u take to answer that essay question about `particular death´?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.