AQA Chemistry Unit 2 & 3 Question Game 14th June 2016

Watch
xxxtentacion..
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
This is the official thread for the Unit 2 & 3 question game for chemistry. Answer the question from the post above and ask another question for the next person to answer.

I'll start: --->Describe how the structure of an alloy is different from the structure of a pure metal (2 marks) <---
Wikia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
- Layers in alloys do not slide over eachother as the atoms are different sizes (whereas in a pure metal they do), and as a result they cannot be bent into shape.

--> What is meant by an endothermic reaction (1 mark)
Anmol_.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Endothermic reaction is one which absorbs energy from the surroundings in the form of heat and is seen by a fall in temperature.

Explain the process of electroplating (3 marks)
nerdyminion
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anmol_.)
Endothermic reaction is one which absorbs energy from the surroundings in the form of heat and is seen by a fall in temperature.

Explain the process of electroplating (3 marks)
The object which is going to be electroplated is the cathode; the material that the object is going to be plated with is the anode. At the anode, the material is oxidised, meaning that it loses electrons and positively charged ions enter the solution (electrolyte). At the cathode, the positively charged ions are reduced, meaning they gain electrons and become atoms of the material.

C3: Describe the Haber process and its conditions.
Mahrez
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nerdyminion)
The object which is going to be electroplated is the cathode; the material that the object is going to be plated with is the anode. At the anode, the material is oxidised, meaning that it loses electrons and positively charged ions enter the solution (electrolyte). At the cathode, the positively charged ions are reduced, meaning they gain electrons and become atoms of the material.

Temp of 450 and pressure of 200. High temp increases rate of reaction but low temp favours exo thermic side of the reaction. Increased pressure increases rate and yield but expenisve. so a comprimise is used. Sorry for dogy typing cba to explain fully
alchima
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by nerdyminion)

The Haber process is the production of ammonia from nitrogen and hydrogen. The reaction is reversible and takes place in a chamber where the gases are compressed to 200atm and the temperature is 450 degrees. The unreacted nitrogen and hydrogen and ammonia will leave the chamber and is cooled. Ammonia liquefies and is tapped off and the remaining gases are recycled to make more ammonia.
Question: Give one similarity and one difference between alkali metals and halogens.
xxxtentacion..
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by alchima)
The Haber process is the production of ammonia from nitrogen and hydrogen. The reaction is reversible and takes place in a chamber where the gases are compressed to 200atm and the temperature is 450 degrees. The unreacted nitrogen and hydrogen and ammonia will leave the chamber and is cooled. Ammonia liquefies and is tapped off and the remaining gases are recycled to make more ammonia.
Question: Give one similarity and one difference between alkali metals and halogens.
Theyre both highly reactive. However, alkali metals need to lose one electron and halogens need to gain one electron.

---> How does temperature have an effect of equilibrium? <-----
jazz_xox_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by hafsa473)
Theyre both highly reactive. However, alkali metals need to lose one electron and halogens need to gain one electron.

---> How does temperature have an effect of equilibrium? <-----
A higher temperature would favour the reaction in the endothermic way to supply the heat energy needed, but in the Haber Process, more heat is compensated to increase the rate of reaction

explain the method of titration calculations
bborn12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
does anyone know the time of the unit 2 exam tomorrow ? my schools messed up the time
syeds
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bborn12)
does anyone know the time of the unit 2 exam tomorrow ? my schools messed up the time
mine is 1:25
bborn12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by syeds)
mine is 1:25
Thank you so much
jazz_xox_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bborn12)
Mine is 1pm- its definitely an afternoon exam depending when your school do them
Hassan M
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Name the products of sodium chloride solution in electrolysis?
pratical1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
A hydrogen gas
A chlorine gas
A solution of sodium hydroxide is formed.

What are the characteristics of a simple molecule structure (covalent bonding) - 3marks
syeds
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Good luck everyone!
Monsor
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Chemistry is easy just acids and salts which mess my head , good luck guys

Posted from TSR Mobile
DatSmartGuy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Its 2:43am and I'm still revising. :smug: Dedication or stupidity??!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
syeds
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
EASIEST EXAM! what did everyone get for the mean temp?
Hassan M
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got 6.04

Posted from TSR Mobile
GCSElyfe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by syeds)
EASIEST EXAM! what did everyone get for the mean temp?
I got 5.75

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
12.82%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (73)
62.39%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
11.97%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (12)
10.26%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.56%

Watched Threads