Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do I end my relationship with my boyfriend? Watch

ReputationRep:
    We've been dating for almost one month now, but I've known him since I was 16.
    I don't want to be his girlfriend anymore because he's really controlling and he's sometimes scary.
    He's 29 (I'm 19) so I think it will be different than dumping someone normally??
    The problem is that my family really really like him and they want me to marry him one day (genuinely)!
    So, what do I do/ how do I do it?
    Thank you.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Just say I'm sorry but I don't think I can be with you anymore, do it face to face though not via text and tell him that you are being serious.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    (Original post by harlowberry)
    We've been dating for almost one month now, but I've known him since I was 16.
    I don't want to be his girlfriend anymore because he's really controlling and he's sometimes scary.
    He's 29 (I'm 19) so I think it will be different than dumping someone normally??
    The problem is that my family really really like him and they want me to marry him one day (genuinely)!
    So, what do I do/ how do I do it?
    Thank you.
    Be honest and tell him you don't want to be with him no more.

ReputationRep:
    Just be honest and truthful. Don't let him intimidate or bully you into changing your mind, just tell him you don't want to be with him any more.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds a bit worrying if he is scary. Age gap is a bit wide too. Not sure what your family are thinking about. Normally I would say face to face, his place and as honest as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, just be honest and truthful, don't be scared. Also if he tries to bribe you with Haribos or something don't give in, even if they're crazy sours ygm

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.