Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I applied for my student loan about three days before the non-income assessed deadline, awhile ago now. I received a little slip back about a week later, returning my birth certificate and acknowledging receipt of my application. Since then, however, I have heard nothing at all. Shouldn't I have had a statement of my financial entitlment back asking how much loan I want to request by now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    I applied for my student loan about three days before the non-income assessed deadline, awhile ago now. I received a little slip back about a week later, returning my birth certificate and acknowledging receipt of my application. Since then, however, I have heard nothing at all. Shouldn't I have had a statement of my financial entitlment back asking how much loan I want to request by now?
    I've got all my stuff back ages ago and i sent it about the same time as you. Have you rung them up to ask them when you'll get it? Maybe your LEA is really busy orsnowed under with applications, just ask them about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samd294)
    I'm in the same position as you, and have a university financial deadline to meet on 1st August. I'm starting to feel more than a bit concerned, and am pretty close to contacting the LEA to ask them what's happening. I'm not sure we necessarily should have heard back by now, but it seems that they aren't at their most efficient. Which LEA are you waiting for?

ReputationRep:
    im in the same situation but i send mine about 3 weeks ago.

im with bham lea

ReputationRep:
    I sent mine like 10 weeks ago and i still haven't had my damned passport yet!!!!! I'm really angry about this! I sent it recorded delivery too and they spelt my name wrong and got the wrong damned address...though I rang up and corrected this. Grrr

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys not read any of the other "student loans" threads on here????
    oh well i'll tell you what i know. Apparently there is a major backlog of forms that they are trying to work through. also alot of the forms have been sent out but theyve given out the wrong information. for example i got sent a letter saying im to receive the whole amount of loan - this is totally wrong cos my parents have high income so i should only get minimum loan.
    this is the reason you have not heard anything. if you are really worried ring your LEA not the SLC.
    hope that helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tractarian)
    I'm in the same position as you, and have a university financial deadline to meet on 1st August. I'm starting to feel more than a bit concerned, and am pretty close to contacting the LEA to ask them what's happening. I'm not sure we necessarily should have heard back by now, but it seems that they aren't at their most efficient. Which LEA are you waiting for?

what university financial deadline are you having to meet on the 1st of august? you wont get any money through for a long time after august the 1st.....

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    what university financial deadline are you having to meet on the 1st of august? you wont get any money through for a long time after august the 1st.....

love Katy ***
    The financial deadline is just a deadline for proving my ability to fund the course. That only needs to be a letter from the LEA/SLC.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.