Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you recover from the heartbreak of being played? Watch

After years of choosing decent guys, I've just been played for the first time.

We were together for 3 months, he pushed exclusivity from the start. We also slept together sooner than I generally would feel comfortable with, but he didn't run away after sex. He was still planning romantic dates, etc.

Just under 2 weeks ago he planned an elaborate date and I *thought* we had a great night. He opened up to me for the first time about his strict family background and I felt we were growing a lot closer.

He went on hol with his family the next day & I didn't hear from him again til I contacted him. He gave me excuses about no internet...when I saw he had been online a lot...but denied wanting to break it off.

2 days ago he denied putting distance between us despite ignoring me, so I basically said ok, that's just how it felt and asked if he wanted to meet on Wed (tomorrow)? He has 100% ignored me and I believe I'll never hear from him again. I feel sick and used, like a piece of disposable trash. I'm angry at myself.

Has this happened to you and if so how did you recover?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    After years of choosing decent guys, I've just been played for the first time.

We were together for 3 months, he pushed exclusivity from the start. We also slept together sooner than I generally would feel comfortable with, but he didn't run away after sex. He was still planning romantic dates, etc.

Just under 2 weeks ago he planned an elaborate date and I *thought* we had a great night. He opened up to me for the first time about his strict family background and I felt we were growing a lot closer.

He went on hol with his family the next day & I didn't hear from him again til I contacted him. He gave me excuses about no internet...when I saw he had been online a lot...but denied wanting to break it off.

2 days ago he denied putting distance between us despite ignoring me, so I basically said ok, that's just how it felt and asked if he wanted to meet on Wed (tomorrow)? He has 100% ignored me and I believe I'll never hear from him again. I feel sick and used, like a piece of disposable trash. I'm angry at myself.

Has this happened to you and if so how did you recover?
    Think of it as a lesson, some things are permeant and others have a lesson for future to improve.

ReputationRep:
    Stay away from F*** boys young lady.

(Original post by Roadman123)
    Stay away from F*** boys young lady.
    It's hard when they successfully pull the wool over your eyes completely. Planning extravagant dates, supporting you in your life and generally making they think you care. It made me think we were on the way to a decent relationship!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's hard when they successfully pull the wool over your eyes completely. Planning extravagant dates, supporting you in your life and generally making they think you care. It made me think we were on the way to a decent relationship!
    I can sense ****boys from a mile away, it's unfortunate girls seem to lack this ability.

Think carefully about how this relationship panned out. Compare to what you had before. There will have been red flags; I think the fact you slept with this guy quicker than you had expected to is one of them.

ReputationRep:
    Guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do. It's hardly heartbreaking after only 3 months together. He's moved on already - I suggest you do the same.

ReputationRep:
    Dating is full of nasty surprises. You just have to learn from them and keep the faith to find the right person.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 16, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.