Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

McDonald's OJE and interview next week - what can I expect? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I've got an interview and OJE next week for McDonald's and this is the first "real" job I've applied for as I'm currently doing casual weekend work at a local restaurant.
    I'm actually really nervous cause I've got no idea what to expect! What sort of questions will they ask? What will they want me to do on the OJE???? Help!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey!! I've just started working at McDonalds this month (5th shift on Saturday). In my interview the manager basically just asked about previous employment and what I was doing at college, and how that tied in with my availability. It was super short. Then he brought me behind the scenes and gave me a hat and a shirt (make sure you wear smart black trousers and black smart (all covered up on top) shoes) and he gave me a tour of the restaurant kitchen and stuff. Then I spent about 15 minutes or so "presenting" food at the drive through window, which meant I just handed out food and gave customers sauces and straws and greeted them and stuff. It was stressful because I felt so nervous but I had loads of help and supervision! They're just seeing how you are with customers and how well you pick things up/take instructions/go with the flow. It's not hard I promise, I have autism and anxiety but I managed haha.

I'm sure you'll do fine! It's not impossible and as long as you listen to what people say and keep smiling and greet customers then you'll get the job.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suirrel)
    Hey!! I've just started working at McDonalds this month (5th shift on Saturday). In my interview the manager basically just asked about previous employment and what I was doing at college, and how that tied in with my availability. It was super short. Then he brought me behind the scenes and gave me a hat and a shirt (make sure you wear smart black trousers and black smart (all covered up on top) shoes) and he gave me a tour of the restaurant kitchen and stuff. Then I spent about 15 minutes or so "presenting" food at the drive through window, which meant I just handed out food and gave customers sauces and straws and greeted them and stuff. It was stressful because I felt so nervous but I had loads of help and supervision! They're just seeing how you are with customers and how well you pick things up/take instructions/go with the flow. It's not hard I promise, I have autism and anxiety but I managed haha.

I'm sure you'll do fine! It's not impossible and as long as you listen to what people say and keep smiling and greet customers then you'll get the job.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's makes me feel a bit more hopeful then! I have a few confidence issues which I was scared would get in the way but from the sound of it, it seems like I'll have too much help on the OJE to get nervous (thank goodness). I've applied for a full time position for over the summer as I've got 11 weeks of freedom, do you think they would let me go part time once college starts in September? Thank you for the advice too it's really lifted a weight off my shoulders!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmanaomii)
    That's makes me feel a bit more hopeful then! I have a few confidence issues which I was scared would get in the way but from the sound of it, it seems like I'll have too much help on the OJE to get nervous (thank goodness). I've applied for a full time position for over the summer as I've got 11 weeks of freedom, do you think they would let me go part time once college starts in September? Thank you for the advice too it's really lifted a weight off my shoulders!
    I'm glad this helped!

Regarding going from full-time to part-time I think that although they might feel annoyed, if you give them time (like 6 weeks) to find a replacement then they shouldn't be too mad. At the OJE you should get time to talk about your availability, and it would be good to mention that you're free to be full-time in the holidays but only want part time hrs in the term time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmanaomii)
    Maccies is full of students who work full time in the holidays and part time in term time. As long as you let them know in your interview it shouldn't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I also have an interview and OJE, and was wondering what type of shoes to wear? Is that a stupid question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanorlittle)
    Hello! I also have an interview and OJE, and was wondering what type of shoes to wear? Is that a stupid question?
    It's not, don't worry. Wear black shoes (smart) that are covered on top, like bulky school shoes or Docs. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suirrel)
    It's not, don't worry. Wear black shoes (smart) that are covered on top, like bulky school shoes or Docs. Hope this helps!
    So not pumps? Thanks for replying

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.